17 replies to this topic

#11 sanderling

sanderling

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

Twelve finalists here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/oliver/contestants/nancy/index.shtml

No Nancy Sullivan!

#12 Gazza

Gazza

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

I don't know why they didn't just get Denise V O to do it and be done with.

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

They made a big thing on the telly about girl-who's-name-I-forget having been in Rent with DVO - not a mention of the one who did get through. Wot?

#14 Gazza

Gazza

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

Never seen so much hysteria before in the search for instant fame. Not one of the girls who failed walked out of there with gritted determination to continue. Tells you all you need to know really.

#15 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Gazza @ Mar 23 2008, 07:50 AM) View Post
Not one of the girls who failed walked out of there with gritted determination to continue. Tells you all you need to know really.

Huh? What are they supposed to do? This show is about the viewers' votes for the role of Nancy. Once someone hasn't managed to get through to the live voting the show has no interest in anything they have to say or do unless there are floods of tears involved.

I'm disappointed that Helen French didn't get through.

I'm annoyed that they keep going on about wanting a raw Nancy, as if someone's real personality is the determining factor in her performance. Have they not heard of acting? Do they believe John Barrowman got his part in Torchwood because the director thought he genuinely is an immortal bisexual time-travelling alien pervert who can't go ten minutes without trying to cop a feel or lick someone's tonsils?
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#16 Guest_Cam_*

Guest_Cam_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

I think Jessie from Ireland was brilliant, very vibrant! She'd be perfect for the part. smile.gif

#17 Guest_Carly_*

Guest_Carly_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

I dont agree with dave at all i think all 12 girls are very talented from what little footage the show has given us so far. i especially enjoyed the performance that the 4 youngest girls gave and think it's a pity they didnt all make the final 12. i particularly enjoyed niamh i think she showed real passion and emotion when she was singing and shes only 17. a real favourite for me so far, hopefully we'll get to see much more of her next week!

#18 Gazza

Gazza

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Mar 23 2008, 03:05 PM) View Post
Huh? What are they supposed to do? This show is about the viewers' votes for the role of Nancy. Once someone hasn't managed to get through to the live voting the show has no interest in anything they have to say or do unless there are floods of tears involved.

Well if they want to work in the business, they're going to need to develop a thicker skin. Talent is only one part of the story - they'll need belief in themselves, determination and the ability to take rejection on the chin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users