#1 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

Dear WOSers,

You may remember, about this time last year, a spoof minute-long version of Where Eagles Dare that I wrote, directed and gave myself the Richard Burton part in was up for an award.

I am delighted to say that this year, my spoof version of The Towering Inferno in 60 seconds has also been nominated in the Empire magazine competition!

Starring many of the leading lights of the Croydon amateur dramatics scene, please vote for us, number 6, by Friday 25 February here!

I also play a couple of cameo roles in my brother's version of The Social Network (number 2 - yes that is me in the chicken outfit).  But you don't want to vote for him, surely?...  This might be a bit of a David/Ed Miliband moment.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Done.
Wasted a good few minutes there..oops not wasted of course. Actually apart from yours, total genius, I liked The Lion King.

#3 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:01 PM

Thanks, Lynette.

I must say, I did enjoy Enter The Dragon a great deal too.  It's a wonderful 70s recreation.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#4 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Brilliant! Will vote for it at work but had to do my first vote for Die Hard!

#5 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1777 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

Excellent - loved the scenic elevator!  :lol:

#6 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

Thank you Mrs Doyle and Alexandra.

#7 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

Results out this evening... and I'm afaid we didn't get into the top five.  For a second year in a row.

Ah well.  We have our production of The Graduate coming up in two and a half weeks at the Fairfield.  I need to start promoting that now.

#8 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Dear WOSers,

For the third time in three years, we have been nominated again.  Our version of The Ladykillers in 60 seconds is once again one of the top 20 chosen in the UK.

Please, please, please vote for us!  Number 6!

http://www.empireonl...wards2012/diss/

(For a theatrical connection, anyone who saw Oklahoma! in the Ashcroft Theatre in Croydon in 2009 will recognise Aunt Eller, Andrew Carnes, Ali Hakim, Will Parker and Cord Elam.  Or anyone who saw Beauty and the Beast at the Ashcroft in Croydon in 2010 will recognise the clock, the carpet and the toast rack.)

Or if you "enjoyed" the recent Croydon-set episode of Come Dine With Me, you'll recognise the policeman.

Many thanks,

Michael

#9 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostMichael H, on 30 January 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

Dear WOSers,

For the third time in three years, we have been nominated again.  Our version of The Ladykillers in 60 seconds is once again one of the top 20 chosen in the UK.

Please, please, please vote for us!  Number 6!

http://www.empireonl...wards2012/diss/

(For a theatrical connection, anyone who saw Oklahoma! in the Ashcroft Theatre in Croydon in 2009 will recognise Aunt Eller, Andrew Carnes, Ali Hakim, Will Parker and Cord Elam.  Or anyone who saw Beauty and the Beast at the Ashcroft in Croydon in 2010 will recognise the clock, the carpet and the toast rack.)

Or if you "enjoyed" the recent Croydon-set episode of Come Dine With Me, you'll recognise the policeman.

Many thanks,

Michael

Had to vote for it for the final moment alone! Good luck!

#10 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostMrsDoyle, on 31 January 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Had to vote for it for the final moment alone! Good luck!

Thanks, Mrs Doyle.  

No tea, thank you Mrs Doyle.  Er, Mrs Wilberforce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users