Results Announced As Ceremony Started - Why?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 kjb

kjb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

So at 7pm as the show started, just as I was sitting down to an evening with Twitter and the WOS website to follow the news from the ceremony (I *know* how to have a good time ;) ) @guardianstage posted a link to an article listing all the winners, and a few minutes later @whatsonstage post a link to the Whatsonstage news page, with an article listing all the winners.

WHY?!?!

Couldn't the press embargo have been later on, for example, say AFTER the ceremony had finished?

I'd be interested to hear what possible reasoning there was behind this decision which makes the whole ceremony seem utterly pointless.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

It made the ceremony pointless. But Wicked & Rachel Tucker won awards- HELL YEAH  :D :D :D :D :D

#3 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Though I suppose it's up to the individual whether to actually follow those links?
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#4 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

View Postkjb, on 20 February 2011 - 07:38 PM, said:

So at 7pm as the show started, just as I was sitting down to an evening with Twitter and the WOS website to follow the news from the ceremony (I *know* how to have a good time ;) ) @guardianstage posted a link to an article listing all the winners, and a few minutes later @whatsonstage post a link to the Whatsonstage news page, with an article listing all the winners.

WHY?!?!

Couldn't the press embargo have been later on, for example, say AFTER the ceremony had finished?

I'd be interested to hear what possible reasoning there was behind this decision which makes the whole ceremony seem utterly pointless.
Did the winners also know they had won before the awards ceremony started, as Sierra Boggess wrote on her twitter page 2 hours ago she was watching superman on tv. Surely if she was nominated she would have attended the ceremony in case she won.

#5 Guest_June_*

Guest_June_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

These awards are a bit of a joke anyway. Whoever takes over in Wicked will win best takeover... Year after year. And Ramin Karimloo winning for Paint never Dries? Purlease.  

Still glad to see Legally Blonde win for best musical and Sheridan.. And the railway children for best design. That Flashdance was nominated for design shows how little these awards relate to quality.

#6 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

Didn't they do this last year as well? :lol:
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#7 LegallyWicked

LegallyWicked

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

I thought this too. Sheridans brother didn't even know she'd won until he read loads of messages on his twitter/facebook. So spoilt it for him aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users