Judi Dench

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mistress Quickly

Mistress Quickly

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:movies, literature, music, theatre, my favourite actresses and actors...

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Guess it would be rather boring if we all liked the same people  wink.gif

I just really do think Judi a versatile and very talented actress, and I'm very glad that I've already had the opportunity to see her on stage.  rolleyes.gif

#22 Scal

Scal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:50 PM

Added in to that list of great female actors I want to include Cheryl Campbell.  Classy and funny.

#23 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

Vanessa Redgrave has certainly done some good work, Chekov in the Cottesloe way back with her bro for example , but her last outing as Hecuba was pretty awful. She has been hijacked by her own persona. JD turns in a good performance time after time. I think I know what you are getting at, Jan, because lately she has done very one dimensional stuff on the stage, relying on her comic timing which is exceptional. But her movie work has stretched her more and let's face it, she isn't young any more, so the parts are not out there for her and she might feel like taking it a bit easy. I always thought Victoria Hamilton was her heir as it were; she has something of JD's ability I think.

#24 Edagar

Edagar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

I totally disagree about "All's Well".  It stands up so well compared to other plays of that era.

I have to say, there are a few actors I've seen now that have lead to wonder that all the fuss was about ... mostly Patrick Stewart and Simon Callow.  Perfectly competent actors, but didn't touch me in the way others have.

#25 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

I am amazed you have that opinion about All's Well - just another slight "bed trick" comedy (which isn't funny any more) of which there are many from that era. T.Nunn's production made it look like a work of genius though, I must say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users