* * * * - 4 votes

Shrek The Musical

• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

can somone post the photo from the times?

#32 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

http://www.whatsonst...in Costume.html it's on there. Doesn't do anything to make me feel positive about the show - screams "we need punters, quick rush out some photoshopped photos" to me.

That said, I've booked to see it on the 18th May. It's a decent show from what I've seen, have to make a trip in :)

#33 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

I really like the music from what I've heard  - so I will see it at some point.  The casting doesn't excite me - Nigel Harman as Lord Farquaad and Landi voicing the Dragon are the ones I'm looking forward to - Amanda and Richard I have doubts as to whether they'll do their roles justice.

#34 ldntheatregoer

ldntheatregoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

I've been far from enthusiastic about Amanda and Richard, but I actually think both look great in costume as it turns out! Looking forward to seeing the show a little more now.

#35 Guest_andre_dance_*

Guest_andre_dance_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Looks like a panto

#36 Guest_Dubbie_*

Guest_Dubbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Looking forward to seeing this. Willing to give Amanda a chance, I have a feeling it will another Sheridan Smith moment, everyone calling it stunt casting and then she proves herself very worthy of the role. Hope I'm right. If not there's always the understudy.

#37 ultimatetheatrefan

ultimatetheatrefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Not convinced about Richard! I'm hoping Amanda will surprise me, and I'm sure the Nigels and Landi will be awesome !
Hasa diga eebowai

#38 Guest_JJ_*

Guest_JJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Got my ticket booked for 7th June, Stalls G22...can't wait

I have to agree with Dubbie, I think Amanda will have a similar story as Sheridan Smith, by surprising everyone by being wonderful as Fiona.  really enjoyed her performance in the music video, personally her singing voice did remind slightly remind me of Cameron Diaz...can't wait to here her singing 'I Know It's Today' and 'Morning Person'.  And from what I've seen on the podcasts, her dancing is amazing.

Really looking forward to the 2 Nigels as well...I'm a bit dunious about Richard Blackwood as donkey, but I will be going with an open mind.  LANDI AS DRAGON = PERFECT CASTING

#39 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Anyone sat back of stalls at Drury Lane before?? I know there is a cut off but wondering how substantial it is.. Will you miss Fiona in the tower and all that?!?! Can't decide whether to get those or  restricted view ones in the Upper Circle

#40 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

I am going to the preview on Saturday evening, I am sitting in the upper circle, but will try to think about cut off points for different areas of the theatre while I am there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users