757 replies to this topic

#701 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

When I saw the show, I could barely hear her, especially when she was singing with Dean.

#702 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Did you see her at the beginning of her run? Could she just of been nervous?

#703 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

I saw her in April, so near the end of her run.

#704 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Could have been sound mixing problems very easily, I guess.

#705 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I had the same problem with Kimberly. Sometimes I could barely hear her even when she was singing on her own.
Dean has a very strong voice so I guess someone with a slightly weaker voice can be drowned out a bit when singing with him (although that should be avoidable with the right sound mixing). However, Kimberly's voice just sounded weak all the way through.
I haven't experienced anything similar with Carley or Alice.

#706 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

View Postdannyboyjohnson, on 24 July 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

Her vocals dont sound too bad do they?? Being part of UKs biggest girlband, you expect more than that from her!

Even at their inception on Popstars: The rivals her head voice was very weak. If you listen to their back catalogue then it's clear that she hasn't had a great number of solo lines in their songs. She provides harmonies most of the time. When she has solos in her head voice then she's quite weak whereas her lower register can be quite powerful. I think as Fiona, she was somewhere in the middle of her range but she still hasn't got the strongest belt.

#707 SimonAitken

SimonAitken

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Saw it on Monday as the first show of what turned out to be a three day west end trip! LOVED IT! Dean made a pretty good Shrek, good voice, good accent too. Blackwood not as bad as everyone made him out to be, sure he ain't the best singer but he was pretty funny. Glad I saw a Fiona that can actually sing musical theatre other than the stunt casting that was Holden and Walsh. Niall 9sp?) was AMAZING as Farquad his comic timing matched Chris Seiber of the original Broadway production.

All in all, a really funy show! Glad I got to see it this time round! The theatre was pretty busy for a Monday night, very few stall seats remaind and it was a great audience too. Dean & Blckwood both got entrence apluads

#708 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Dean is a great performer. I have seen him in Never Forget, La Cage (as Jean-Michel), Love never dies (as Raoul) and in Shrek. I honestly think he is one of the most underrated performers in the West End. Such a lovely voice and a great actor yet he's not that well known even though he's been around for years.
In my eyes he should have been on the current leading men list that was posted on whatsonstage.com a few days ago as well.

#709 dannyboyjohnson

dannyboyjohnson

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Whereabouts in the theatre would be considered restricted?

#710 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

Closing notices posted for 24 February 2013, to be followed by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Sad to see the show close, but it had a pretty decent run of 21 months, which seems to be around the mark that most of the newer shows are doing these days.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users