757 replies to this topic

#711 ABowlerHat

ABowlerHat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

For everyone who said that Charlie would not be going to The Lane...oh dear!

#712 Warmington

Warmington

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Shame that this is closing, but it will be nice to see the very talented Dean Chisnall in something else minus the fat suit!

#713 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Its had a good run and it outlasted the Broadway version by about 8 months. I'm sure the tour will do good business, the set itself I think was based on the US tour so it could tour with few modifications.

#714 KevinUK

KevinUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

I thought it was doing decent sales though? Maybe a move to a smaller theatre? I always thought this was the wrong place for it anyway... I hate all these closures lol.
If I stay awake, it must be good.

#715 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3375 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

It's been discounting a fair bit and it won't move, they have announced its closing and will then tour

#716 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Going to see this on Thursday. Not got high expectations but I'm glad that I'm going before it closes and purely because the tickets are 10 for the balcony! Plus I love Drury Lane so it's good in a way it's leaving as, from what I've heard, the set is practically a touring set (so hopefully not many changes for the 2014 tour!) so hopefully Charlie will make better use of the stage.

Just wondering, what kinds programmes can you get and how much are they?

#717 greeny11

greeny11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Just one big programme containing both cast info and photos - can't remember the price, I think it might have been £6, but I'm not certain about that.

#718 Musicals1248

Musicals1248

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

When I got a programme about a year ago it was £6 :)

#719 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Went to the matinee today and really enjoyed it :) paid 10 for balcony tickets (using the half price "Shrektember offer) and because it was empty, they closed off the balcony and got moved to row O in the stalls! Couldn't tell how many people were in the grand or upper circles but even looking around the back of the stalls looked empty. I couldn't help thinking though that it could have worked in a smaller theatre though than Drury Lane ie the Adelphi or Palace as the set wasn't particularly complicated and could have been made slightly smaller and the capacity wouldn't be as huge as DL. Glad I got to see it before it closed though and also Drury Lane is probably the loveliest theatre I've ever been to!

#720 I Like West End

I Like West End

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

So is there going to be  a cast change in January before it closes in Feb? I didn't think there would be but Alice has said in an interview something about not renewing her contract in January!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users