It's going on tour in 2014. Easter I think

#752 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Probably wouldn't make sense to release the DVD in the UK so not to hurt sales for the tour, wonder the first venue will be?

#753 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Unless they sold it exclusively at venues

I know a couple of venues but not sure when or when and where the tour starts. Cant be far off announcing.  i did think it was earlier than easter though as id heard it was following a theatres panto.but that could be wrong. Shrek and billy elliot are yet to announce their tours, also i think love never dies is going out on tour. Plus further wicked and lion king venues

#754 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostTitan, on 27 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Unless they sold it exclusively at venues

I know a couple of venues but not sure when or when and where the tour starts. Cant be far off announcing.  i did think it was earlier than easter though as id heard it was following a theatres panto.but that could be wrong. Shrek and billy elliot are yet to announce their tours, also i think love never dies is going out on tour. Plus further wicked and lion king venues

If its aiming for an Easter opening which in 2014 is in April, then I think it'll be announced soon although it depends if they do it like Wicked and Lion King and just announce a handful of venues or like SITR which has listed the bulk of the venues,

#755 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3373 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

The staggered venue announcing seems to be an atg thing, stage entertainment seem to do all dates at once

#756 MrTRobz

MrTRobz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Pity that the DVD seems to be the Broadway version and not the tour one. Although the performances were great I would have preferred the tour changes filmed. I would consider getting it imported if that was the case. :)
Shows Seen

[LONDON]
Wicked
Oliver!
Wizard of Oz
Shrek

[BELFAST]
Joseph Tour
Grease Tour
Buddy Tour
Legally Blonde Tour
Hairspray Tour

[DUBLIN]
Chitty, chitty, Bang bang Tour
Hairspray Tour
Lion King Tour

To be seen

[DUBLIN]
Wicked Tour

[LONDON]
Charlie and the Chocolate factory
Matilda

#757 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I imagine Billy Elliot won't announce the tour for another few months, if it is closing then they'll announce it after its birthday and cast change and then the tour dates a few months later.

#758 daniel.

daniel.

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Shrek is in Birmingham Easter 2015. Love Never Dies out on tour next year, as long as there is no revival in London. So I believe anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users