14 replies to this topic

#11 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Have you tried looking at the Chaperone pages of The National Network for Children  in Employment and Entertainment?

www.bucksinfo.net/nncee/
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#12 MusicalTwin

MusicalTwin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

No I haven't yet. Didn't come across this side. Thank you very much for the hint & the link! smile.gif

~*LAST' INN TEGITHA! (LISTEN, YOUR INSTINCT WILL LEAD YOU!)*~

#13 deeply_shallow

deeply_shallow

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

I had not even thought about this as a job but I'm going to look in to in in more detail, it sounds perfect for me. I'm in London so where would they advertise these jobs? I am also not adverse to touring with a production, would these be advertised somewhere different?

Thanks

#14 Guest_Guest_Kim_*_*

Guest_Guest_Kim_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(deeply_shallow @ Jun 19 2009, 07:52 PM) View Post
I had not even thought about this as a job but I'm going to look in to in in more detail, it sounds perfect for me. I'm in London so where would they advertise these jobs? I am also not adverse to touring with a production, would these be advertised somewhere different?

Thanks

#15 Guest_Guest_Kim_*_*

Guest_Guest_Kim_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

Oops, I did something wrong in my previous attempt to reply there. My apologies. Good thing I'm not looking for a job in computing...

Anyway, back on topic. I'm a 29 year old Dutch girl and I have plans to move to London somewhere over the course of next year. Working as a chaperone in theatre has been something I always wanted to do and I have a LOT of professional experience working with children in my own country, having worked as a primary school teacher for 9 years now.

What I would like to know though...

1) Being a "foreigner", how difficult would obtaining a license be for me? Since I still live and work in The Netherlands at the moment, I can't just pop over for an interview etc.
2) How would I go about finding work as a chaperone? Should I just figure out which productions work with children at this moment and write to those agencies? Or are these jobs actually advertised anywhere? I haven't been able to find them around... (Also because a google search for the combination of theatre and chaperone mostly comes up with information about The Drowsy Chaperone...)

I hope anyone can help! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users