50 replies to this topic

#1 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3337 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Looks like Kara Tointon is starring in My Fair Lady Pygmailion at the garrick with Rupert Everret at the Garrick from May. However this is the play version transfering from Chichester.

#2 ldntheatregoer

ldntheatregoer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:12 AM

May want to change the title to Pygmalion, lest there's some confusion (My Fair Lady returning would be on my wishlist, Pygmalion's a close second as I loved it last time it was on.) and perhaps move the topic to Plays

I guess this means that Billie Piper wasn't secured, she was rumoured for the transfer a while ago according to Baz with David Jason and Angela Lansbury also in talks. Are the rest of the Chichester cast reprising their roles?

#3 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

What a bizarre thread! Surely the average theatre-goer is not so unsavvy that they've never heard of Pygmalion and need to first be forcibly reminded of its relationship to My Fair Lady before this news can be considered of interest? :lol:
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#4 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

I would love My Fair Lady to come back, but very happy with Pgymalion :D

#5 Guest_Schuttep_*

Guest_Schuttep_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostWeez, on 09 March 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

What a bizarre thread! Surely the average theatre-goer is not so unsavvy that they've never heard of Pygmalion and need to first be forcibly reminded of its relationship to My Fair Lady before this news can be considered of interest? :lol:
Or perhaps it's just making it clear that, of the two shows it's Pygmalion that's at the Garrick and not My Fair Lady in case people are misled?

#6 Guest_Guest D_*

Guest_Guest D_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

View PostWeez, on 09 March 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

I have to agree with this. Lets get it changed.

#7 Viceroy

Viceroy

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostGuest D, on 09 March 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

I have to agree with this. Lets get it changed.

Done.

#8 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

That all made me laugh for some reason. I'm not entirely sure what the issue was in that exchange, or whether there even was one, other than the OP wrongly calling it MFL.

Anyway, having said that, and having zero interest in the production, I shall leave the thread alone for ever.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#9 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

It didn't get great reviews at Chichester, and we've had a Pygmalion fairly recently, so I'm surprised this is transferring. I'm sure that Rupert Everett will sell it, but I don't think I'll be seeing it.

#10 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5144 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

Wish it was My Fair Lady - then she could really do the dancing!
I've always thought that of all the remakes , making Pygmalion into a musical is the one that works. I am really looking forward to the new movie version. I liked the old one but it does need an update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users