• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#61 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Any decent singer should cope with 8 Nancy performances per week.  It is nowhere near as exposed vocally as Maria and there is plenty of off-stage time in the course of the show.

The emotional toil might be high - but vocally it shouldn't be a massive job - certainly for the older girls.  The 17 year olds might find it more of a struggle.

More music theatre songs is a must for the show - it is the only way we will be able to judge things (and we, the viewers, do have to be able to judge things)

One thing that strikes me on thinking back about the first show and that is the use of backing singers - Rachel was the one given most 'support' from them.  I am sure this was not a reflection on her voice - just the arrangement that was used for that number.   However I didn't find it easy to pick out her voice in the mix - which means that I really don't know what I think about her yet.

#62 M George

M George

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Guest_thecrucible_* @ Apr 2 2008, 01:21 PM) View Post
But I do miss a vocal expert on the panel - whether it should have been Zoe Tyler or not, that's not for me to say - but I miss having the performances analysed technically.

Although Zoe Tyler never really analysed anything technically.  She used phrases such as 'It was a little bit rubbish'....... Yes, very technical.

I won't be called a baggage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users