#11 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

I'm not sure I've seen any of Lucie's work, I looked at a list of his plays and didn't recognise the titles. Can you name a recent-ish one? Of Ridley's I've seen The Pitchfork Disney, some of the students at the college where I work did a production of it. I have booked for both his and the Lucie. I've also gone for the Harvey Milk one and the musical.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#12 An Enemy of the Circle

An Enemy of the Circle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Theatre Car Parks

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Southwark Playhouse's Adv Paymt scheme offers cool value -  pay £37.50 up front which allows you to choose 5 tkts for any future plays  - book whichever plays for whenever you like (sav), no time limit/exp date - limit of 2 tkts per perf (£7.50/tkt)

#13 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostAn Enemy of the Circle, on 02 January 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Southwark Playhouse's Adv Paymt scheme offers cool value -  pay £37.50 up front which allows you to choose 5 tkts for any future plays  - book whichever plays for whenever you like (sav), no time limit/exp date - limit of 2 tkts per perf (£7.50/tkt)
Yes, I noticed that on the website, will probably take advantage of it in future
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#14 El Peter

El Peter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostThe Suburbanite, on 02 January 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm not sure I've seen any of Lucie's work, I looked at a list of his plays and didn't recognise the titles. Can you name a recent-ish one?

Years ago I saw Fashion at the Tricycle, concerning an advertising/PR agency with the Tory Party contract for such, IIRC, and the rather amusing Progress somewhere else, and liked the way Doug Lucie had written them. They are all I've seen by him, along with the reading some time ago of his forthcoming play at the Southwark Playhouse. I don't know what he has had on stage in recent years but I am sure I have heard several of his more recent plays in Radio 4's 'Afternoon Play' slot, not least because when I see his name as writer I tend to download whatever it is he has done.

#15 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostEl Peter, on 02 January 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Having seen and enjoyed several Doug Lucie plays, I read The Shallow End years ago and thought it sharp and interesting, so am tempted.
By the way, don't forget the SP's "airline pricing" - the longer you wait, the higher the price goes (if it's busy enough)
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#16 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Unless you're likely to buy five or more tickets in the future, which means the Pay As You Go scheme will see you paying £7.50 for every show you attend no matter how late you book (although they may apply some limitations for super-popular shows). ;)
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#17 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3756 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

The cast for the upcoming Floyd Collins looks rather good, esp Ryan Sampson (aka Mr Circlelinejoke). I don't know this piece at all.... is it any good? Good music, story etc??? Man stuck in cave doesn't sound like the most thrilling musical, thought The Vault sounds like a great space for it. Anyway, is this worth seeing?

#18 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

It is my all time number one without question, hesitation, or shadow of a doubt ABSOLUTE favourite musical. Adam Guettel is a god among men.
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#19 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

I wasn't familiar with the music so listened to a sample on Amazon (often a useful aid in this respect) and decided it wasn't for me.

#20 vickster51

vickster51

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

In an effort to post more in the fringe section, I've been having a loook at the SP season and I'm tempted by a few. May consider the subscription too. Did anyone see Tender Napalm the first time around as I remember it had some great reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users