110 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:04 AM

Full coverage from the 2011 Olivier Awards at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane can be found at http://whatsonstage.com/oliviers. Live coverage from 5pm.

#2 Guest_Pitch and Perfect_*

Guest_Pitch and Perfect_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

Pitch and Perfect will be tweeting too everyone!

twitter.com/so_MT

#3 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Anyone else attending the event this year, I can;t wait.

Rumoured performances from Angela Lansbury and confirmed performances from Barry Manilow and major west end shows.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

Kerry Ellis is performing 'Fat Bottomed Girls' with Barry Manilow .

Really hope WWRY wins the best show ...

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

It's on BBC1 RED BUTTON from 5.30pm Excited :0. Pity it wasn't available last year though :(. Would have loved to see Wicked win it ..

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3747 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

All working for me, but Jodie Prenger.... :o

#7 Guest_Chrismo_*

Guest_Chrismo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Last year was frustrating enough with Gambo talking cobblers when we were missing things. This year it's even more frustrating!  COME ON BBC. SHOW US THE PICTURES! Why talk to Gok Wan about anything even if it is a show he hasn't seen when we're missing the best actress's acceptance????????

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

Such a disgrace, what a failue by the BBC.

#9 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

This is so, unbelievably boring. If you're not watching the Olivier's tonight, don't feel bad about it, neither is the rest of the world. I don't want to watch interviews in a dressing room backstage, I want to watch the awards.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#10 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3370 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 13 March 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

This is so, unbelievably boring. If you're not watching the Olivier's tonight, don't feel bad about it, neither is the rest of the world. I don't want to watch interviews in a dressing room backstage, I want to watch the awards.

First off who told Jodie to wear that dress, she may as well gone topless

I think the performance show itself at Drury lane seems to be good (except cringy cheesy dancers at the start) but the interrupting with the Radio 2 commentary is SO annoying and also pretentious (what theatre needs to get away from in the public eye) I am on the verge of switching off. Its droning on and on.

Also highly amused how they commented on Sheridan Smiths performance and how she must win the Oliver (seriously enough with the Sheridan love) and she hadnt even performed, it was Susan who performed as Elle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users