#11 Tootsie

Tootsie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Lots of great theatre please!!<br />

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

Well thanks a lot. If you are going to release information like that can you please put it in a different thread and put SPOILER in the thread title. Some of us don;t really want to know til we actually watch the programme. Not happy.

#12 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(guest @ Apr 6 2008, 01:53 AM) View Post
I was also at the live show and can reveal that
Spoiler
went this week

[Spoiler concealed, on the assumption that it may actually be correct. We'll find out tonight. - Matthew]

So
Spoiler

If it's true, of course. And how useful being able to do spoilers!

#13 Guest_Guest_Princess_*_*

Guest_Guest_Princess_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

[quote name='armadillo' date='Apr 6 2008, 07:24 AM' post='29262']
= And how useful being able to do spoilers!

I think its very sad that people feel the need to ruin the show for others by adding "spoilers".

I agree with the comments about Barry Humphries.. he is very creepy and I wouldnt be at all surprised if he had a lamp shade on his head next week or ALW for that matter.

I am so glad the Kevin Spacey read my posting last week (!) and spoke out about the BBC advertising this show which will ultimatley add to ALW wealth.

Keisha was not good this week and i think it wil be her and tara in the bottom 2 with Keisha to go.

#14 Guest_Urban Rustic_*

Guest_Urban Rustic_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Princess_* @ Apr 6 2008, 11:29 AM) View Post
QUOTE(armadillo @ Apr 6 2008, 07:24 AM) View Post

= And how useful being able to do spoilers!

I think its very sad that people feel the need to ruin the show for others by adding "spoilers".

I agree with the comments about Barry Humphries.. he is very creepy and I wouldnt be at all surprised if he had a lamp shade on his head next week or ALW for that matter.

I am so glad the Kevin Spacey read my posting last week (!) and spoke out about the BBC advertising this show which will ultimatley add to ALW wealth.

Keisha was not good this week and i think it wil be her and tara in the bottom 2 with Keisha to go.

I was  disappointed with Keisha, too. When they said she was singing 'Get The Party Started' I thought it would be perfect for her. But Rhyddian on last year's X Factor sung it much, much better. She could well be in the bottom two today.

Does anyone else think that it's a bit cruel for the two girls in the sing off to be told just before they sing which one received the least number of public votes? If it was me, I would be mortified and wouldn't be able to sing a single note!

#15 link-larkin

link-larkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(foxa @ Apr 5 2008, 08:55 PM) View Post
My husband thinks Denise Van Outen should play Nancy - now that would be a surprise ending for the series!

Now that would be an interesting twist in the tale.... Denise for Nancy! tongue.gif

I also agree with the Barry Humphries comment - he is very creepy and the rest of the pannel just look at him like he's insane! I say bring back Zoe Tyler before it's too late!

#16 Guest_jemima_*

Guest_jemima_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Rachel was stunning i thought. She has what the others dont...class. She can sing and act brilliantly.....and shes the only one who i'd part with 60 to watch...and not be terrified for her doing it. Jodie is great but she has to step it up....Stop being the cabaret singer and start to show a more serious side. Her song did her no favours at all, but I dont blame her for it...and why dont ANY of them even notice the dancers, let alone interact with them when they have male dancers? I dont get it. You dont get an actress on stage in a musical singing to the audience when others are on stage.....

Francesca....i just dont like her. I think she sings like she is slightly backward......I dont know anyone who isnt annoyed by her. Im sure shes a nice enough girl but the programme does her no favours.....

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

well for me francesca was sooo much better and was the stand out performance last night. i love the tone to her voice.

Rachels good, as is sarah....who has a lovely voice.
i dont get the hype with jodie...too caberet and her 'wacky' personality annoys me.
jessie sings well but im not too convinced of her acting abilities. i guess we shall see. was it her that was rejected from a couple of acting schools? i cant remember.

cleo, as one of the judges said she looked pained when singing feeling good. surely thats not good acting.
tara i dont see on the stage...at all. why would they give her that song??they clearly want rid.
samantha does have a great voice, dull song though and for me she just seems too young, im not sure if she'd handle the 8 shows a week.
the others i cant remember...clearly forgettable.

so francesca.rachel,sarah for me.

#18 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Having just watched it on iPlayer, I must say a number of them are instantly forgettable.

Watched Francesca closely to see how she would change.  The pitching was better (though far from perfect) but the diction was still decidedly underpar.  I know the lyrics to that piece well enough to fill in the gaps - but she does need to improve on that.  It was perhaps a little over-acted.  But she wasn't the only one to fall into that trap.

Jodie was given the wrong song as were a number of the others.

I can't really remember anything about Niamh, Sarah, Cleo or some of the others.

Rachel is a class act but I felt that she was a bit hammy at the start of her number.  There were gestures and mannerisms that really were well below the quality I would have expected from someone of her experience and background.

Jessie - why does she get the extra coaching?  Methinks that she might just be getting too much help.  To my mind her stage presence needs an awful amount of work.  She was stiff and clearly uncomfortable with what she was doing.  Vocally she is good - but she isn't a Nancy.  Not sure what she would play in the West End.  More suited to chart work - IMHO.

If the spoiler is right, then that is fine by me.  I just want them to sing stuff that we don't hear on X Factor.

#19 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

Also, they need to sack the choreographer.   Whoever it is isn't serving the girls well.    I know that they have different abilities but even so, the staging is weak.

#20 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Some great performances but Keisha to go.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users