36 replies to this topic

#21 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Having watched the sing-off, I think that had Keisha been given a song like that as her main number she'd have come nowhere near the bottom.

I'm baffled by the way the first couple of pairs were really nervous when their names were called out. Did they actually think the first two people would be told they were in the sing-off, so giving the remaining nine the assurance that they were safe?
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#22 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Cleo was out of her depth with the duet in the sing-off - so far out of her comfort zone.

Even though the result have been leaked on here, there was no doubting the result based on the sing-off

#23 Guest_jemima_*

Guest_jemima_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

I didnt like Cleo but i felt she was better in the sing off. And whoever did Keishas make up should be sacked.

It was quite telling though that they both stood their rigid, unable to act the song.....If someone like Rachel was in the sing off(which aint gonna happen)...you can bet she'd be far more impressive. These 2 girls, like some others there, are simply out of their depth. I did think it a bit rich of denise van outen to praise Rachels acting exercise..and then question whether she had the stamina to do it 8 times a week...what a bizarre thing to say...and from her!

#24 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

I thought Keisha did so much better in the sing off than in her other song, but they did both just stand their with their arms limply at their sides.  Yes, what is it with Keisha's make up - she's a beautiful girl but the eye shadow, etc. is distracting.I thought Ashley and Tara should have been in the bottom two, but I didn't think Cleo would get much farther.  However she was gracious and sweet at the end.

The rat exercise was just weird.

And ALW with the rat was even weirder.

#25 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Apr 6 2008, 08:02 PM) View Post
Having watched the sing-off, I think that had Keisha been given a song like that as her main number she'd have come nowhere near the bottom.

Completely agree, but will go further to say that none of them would end up wherever each is currently ending up if they were singing musical theatre.  The sing-off both this week and last week (and the parting As Long As He Needs Me) showcased qualities totally different from those in the solo pieces.  You have to wonder what ALW and DvO are thinking when they say "you have the makings of a fabulous pop star."  Well, great, but this isn't meant to be American Idol.  

I know, I'm preaching to the choir.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#26 Tootsie

Tootsie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Lots of great theatre please!!<br />

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

Re. Lloyd Webber vs Spacey barney. Did anyone notice how, both yesterday and today, Graham Norton kept mentioning how it wasn't Lloyd Webber's own show? Laying it on a bit thick!!

#27 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Why does ALW just base his decision on one performance?  Keisha was awful on Saturday night but she was saved because she performed slightly better tonight.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#28 Jennyish Joanne

Jennyish Joanne

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

Well, I suppose Keisha was the obvious one to save of the two, but can anyone tell me what I am missing with Niamh and Samatha?  I just do not see what they have either vocally or performance-wise...  Surely Nancy is as much acting as singing (if not more) so why does it always have to be about the song on the night.  The panel can get the result they want just by issuing the song to the performer.  Are they scared to use MT songs ar is it pandering to a Saturday night TV audience that we have to have "pop"?
The botttom two should have been Tara and Ashley -  with Tara going.  Anyway there's always next week!

#29 flying_free

flying_free

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Tootsie @ Apr 6 2008, 08:58 PM) View Post
Re. Lloyd Webber vs Spacey barney. Did anyone notice how, both yesterday and today, Graham Norton kept mentioning how it wasn't Lloyd Webber's own show? Laying it on a bit thick!!

Haha i noticed that too.

#30 Guest_nancyboy_*

Guest_nancyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(Tootsie @ Apr 6 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

they said i multiple times in the 3 weeks prior to this show. i didn't notice they mentioned it any more than previous weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users