1 reply to this topic

#1 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

Just heard the sad news, anyone else here old enough to have witnessed her in "The Little Foxes"? I'm sure she played half the run in a wheelchair, although  not the night we went. Anyhow, God rest her soul, she was one of the last of her kind.

#2 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostFrontRowDress, on 23 March 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

Just heard the sad news, anyone else here old enough to have witnessed her in "The Little Foxes"? I'm sure she played half the run in a wheelchair, although  not the night we went. Anyhow, God rest her soul, she was one of the last of her kind.

I didn't see it but that does seem to have beem the case which must have made the second act hilarious (for those who don't know, hubby is in a wheelchair and can't reach his pills...and well, you can imagine...)

What I hadn't known until  today  was that she had severe back pains since an accident making National Velvet, leading to dozens (literally) of operations. Which makes the subsequent addictions to alcohol and painkillers a tragically inevitablility given the workload expected of MGM contract players. Whatever, she was a great star and nobody seems to have had a bad word to say about her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users