#21 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ Apr 10 2008, 09:56 PM) View Post
<br>I took that as throwing a bone to people who haven't a chance of landing a musical theatre role: the panel praise pop-singing skills because they have to praise something and they can't praise an acting ability that isn't there. It's a polite way of saying "there is a place for you, but it isn't on the stage".<br>
<br><br>I have wanted to take his [constructive] criticism as that, Matthew Winn -- here's hoping you are correct; it would clearly be the "right" response.&nbsp; But the maniacal raving we're getting for Niamh doesn't enitirely match the sane response.&nbsp; (Williing to be convinced I'm wrong on that.)<br><br><br>
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#22 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

(apologies for the bizarre html tags, Firefox crashed as I was posting)
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#23 atagirl123

atagirl123

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

Forget talent and capability here, actors become popular because of the way they come across on stage. That's what their success is based on in the end. No one can deny that Judi Dench is a fab actress but ultimately its her voice and impish looks we all love.

I agree with whoever said Francesca looks less appealing personality-wise than some of the others- and it IS important. Don't jump down someone's throat for voicing their opinion.

#24 Guest_Guest_louise0501_*_*

Guest_Guest_louise0501_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(atagirl123 @ Apr 11 2008, 06:58 AM) View Post
Forget talent and capability here, actors become popular because of the way they come across on stage. That's what their success is based on in the end. No one can deny that Judi Dench is a fab actress but ultimately its her voice and impish looks we all love.

I agree with whoever said Francesca looks less appealing personality-wise than some of the others- and it IS important. Don't jump down someone's throat for voicing their opinion.

Yea however i think some people may find her a more appealing personality than you, however i feel it should be based on talent and capabilitie otherwise whats the point, the show would just be a disaster. and its not that somebody said, somebody said she looked like a nasty piece of work without having met her, bit of an unfair judgement don't you think?
luv Louise

#25 Guest_Random passerby_*

Guest_Random passerby_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Sadly, I think Ashley is going to get the part.

She's absolutely crap. She can't move, her voice is harsh, her face emotionless, and she's not even attractive.

And yet the judges never have anything negative to say about her. Clearly there's something they're hiding. They want to keep her there for some reason. Maybe she's sleeping with John Barrowman.

#26 Guest_Guest_ Kirsty_*

Guest_Guest_ Kirsty_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

I think Ashley should be Nancy but there is no sadly in my opinion. I think she has a personality which is refreshing compared to some of the girls. I would also not say that she is immune to critisism although that might just be me as a supporter picking up on any negativity at all. She would be a lot more deserving of the role than some of the others I think, and I think she is gorgeous too.

#27 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

I'll agree that Ashley has received negative comments, particularly in the first week but also this week and last.

I have no idea who's going to win but I would like it to be Sarah or Jodie. My reasons are my reasons and i'm not going to type them out here.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

#28 Guest_Random passerby_*

Guest_Random passerby_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

Randomly passing by again.  biggrin.gif

I totally agree Ashley has a brilliant personality. It just doesn't come across to me when she sings. She seems very wooden and hard when she sings. But maybe that's just me. I just can't warm to her when she sings.

Niamh is my favourite. But I'm a fan of Bernadette Peters and I really see the likeness, so maybe that biases me. But I do think she has a lovely voice, and she would bring a new kind of quirkiness to Nancy. Although she is very young, and might not have the endurance to do 8 shows a week.

I also think Jodie is great, and seems like she'd be tough enough to do it. I loved her 'Send in the Clowns'. She looks like a traditional Nancy too - although I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. It would be refreshing to have someone a bit different.

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Rachel!
smile.gif

#30 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(Random passerby @ Apr 12 2008, 08:55 PM) View Post
Sadly, I think Ashley is going to get the part.

She's absolutely crap. She can't move, her voice is harsh, her face emotionless, and she's not even attractive.

And yet the judges never have anything negative to say about her. Clearly there's something they're hiding. They want to keep her there for some reason. Maybe she's sleeping with John Barrowman.

You're not a fan then?!!  How rude and disrespectful can you get?!!  Surely everyone deserves a little more respect than that.  I don't actually think she will get the part but I do like her.  Her find her warm, happy, determined and quite a good actress actually.  By the way, I don't think she's John's type!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users