#21 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

Any word on Beadle casting, yet?
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#22 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

View Postjamescrispy94, on 17 April 2011 - 01:53 PM, said:

I think Peter Polycarpou sounds more realistic than Alan Rickman. I didn't think Alan Rickman was much of a good singer in the Tim Burton movie but he was a great actor, as he usually is! But I don't think it's really that likely he'd do it on stage especially as it's not in London (although it may transfer).I've only seen Mr Polycarpou in A Christmas Carol as Scrooge and I thought the production was dreadful but I thought that he was a good actor!

Funnily enough i liked that prodyction on the whole, but thought he was a copy of Danny Devitos penguin in Batman Returns.  He was very hammy in Imagine This

#23 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostTitan, on 17 April 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

Funnily enough i liked that prodyction on the whole, but thought he was a copy of Danny Devitos penguin in Batman Returns.  He was very hammy in Imagine This

Yeah I think it was just because I was used to the happy cheery versions like Tommy Steele's and the Muppets etc of A Christmas Carol

#24 Guest_Nasty_Phil_*

Guest_Nasty_Phil_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

I think we have to remember it's "MIchael and Imelda's" star vehicle. NO-ONE will be cast that might overshadow them. Alan Rickman would overshadow.
Not sure about Beadle Bamford. Have heard some say the offer has gone out and another saying . My guess is maybe in unknown.

#25 Guest_Polly's dolly_*

Guest_Polly's dolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Posted by Mark E
Peter Polycarpou as the Judge would be dream casting!! He would be fabulous!

Posted by Titan
I disagree, always found him to overact horribly

I thought Peter Polycarpou played Phil beautifully in 'Love Story' and can see him as the Judge.

#26 Minsky

Minsky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

View PostPolly, on 17 April 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

I thought Peter Polycarpou played Phil beautifully in 'Love Story' and can see him as the Judge.

I think he is best in comedy roles such as Ali Hakim  the Pedlar in Oklahoma! at the National

#27 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostNasty_Phil, on 17 April 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

I think we have to remember it's "MIchael and Imelda's" star vehicle. NO-ONE will be cast that might overshadow them. Alan Rickman would overshadow.
Not sure about Beadle Bamford. Have heard some say the offer has gone out and another saying . My guess is maybe in unknown.

Yeah your right, Nast Phill, Alan Rickman or no Alan Rickman, I am still very excited to see this as I adore the music and love the Tim Burton movie and am very excited to see the proper star of the show Michael Ball! Hope he won't beboff when I go, fingers crossed! He probably won't be as it's the final day when I go (5th Nov)!

#28 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3337 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

I think it may not be untill February 2012 before we see this in the west end if all goes to plan!

#29 Guest_Nasty_Phil_*

Guest_Nasty_Phil_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Announced yesterday on her agents website  that Gillian Kirpatrick is the Beggar Woman. No word on Judge or Beadle yet!

#30 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

Just wondering, isnt Michael Ball suppose to be a co-producer for either this or it's West End transfer like he was for Love Story?isn't he now some sort of producer in Stage Entertainment UK from when he left Hairspray?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users