2 replies to this topic

#1 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Quite simply the worst thing I have ever seen in 31 years of theatre going in London. Not one redeeming feature. Don't waste 65 minutes of your life on this sub-Fascinating Aida dross. Words cannot begin to describe how truly awful this is, you couldn't even call it acting. What on earth is wrong at the New End?

#2 The Suburbanite

The Suburbanite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Yes, indeed

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:35 PM

I just read the synopsis: "A story of desire, drink and dogged optimism with live accordion music, Piaf classics and an original new score." What on earth enticed you to see it anyway?! Perhaps you were infected by the "dogged optimism". Whatever the reason, thank you for suffering on our behalf in order to warn us off.
Táim ag éalú ar ais

#3 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

View PostThe Suburbanite, on 16 April 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

I just read the synopsis: "A story of desire, drink and dogged optimism with live accordion music, Piaf classics and an original new score." What on earth enticed you to see it anyway?! Perhaps you were infected by the "dogged optimism". Whatever the reason, thank you for suffering on our behalf in order to warn us off.
We quite fancied an afternoon of desire, drink & Piaf classics. I actually wish I'd bought the CD they're flogging in the foyer to relive the horror, the lyrics to the new songs were the kind of thing a 14 year old might come up with, I recall one chorus along the lines of " in the dark recesses of your mind, where the windmills turn". I was actually fuming when I left the theatre that someone had the gall to expect anyone to sit through it, never mind charge them money to do so. I'm a lot calmer now and can see the funny side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users