#21 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostLaura., on 04 July 2011 - 09:37 PM, said:

Hi, what time would people recommend getting to the theatre to get day seats - I'll probably be going on a Wednesday or a Thursday if that makes a difference. Also, where will the seats be? Thanks for any help :)

they also do the slip seats in the dress circle, 6 seats either side, if you can, get seats 1 or 2, as 3-6 are very restricted by a pillar, you can only see half the stage, but I found 1 & 2 to be fine, I could angle my seat to see the whole stage unencumbered.
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#22 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

Has anyone got day seats on a Saturday recently? Any opinions on likely queue length? I'm considering trying to see the show this Saturday but can't get to the theatre till about 10:30am so I don't know if it's even worth trying to get a day seat or if they'll all be long gone.

#23 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I was there at 9:30 & there was 6 people infront of me, but by the time doors opened there was another 10 people behind me, you would still have gotten a day seat I think, if you were flexible about whether you saw it in matinee or evening

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#24 musicalmadness

musicalmadness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

I was given a tip by a friend to see if The Victoria Palace website actually have any 19.50 seats left for the date you require. I was originally going to day seat, but was told this and looked on the website and there they were! I managed to get Row D of the Stalls right on the edge. I know it will be slightly restricted but for 19.50 it's well worth it and from what I've been told are no worse (if maybe better!) than what you'd get for 19.50 doing day seats. It's even more expensive on a Saturday though isn't it? It's a day that Billy class as 'Peak'.
Somebody crowd me with love, Somebody force me to care,
Somebody make me come through, I'll always be there, As frightened as you, of Being Alive.

#25 Guest_jeff s_*

Guest_jeff s_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

So I tried to go to the victorial palace web sites and when I clicked on buy tickets for Billy Elliolt, I was directed to some rip off ticketing agent site with all sorts of surcharges and no ability to look at seating charts.  What can I do to keep that from happening?

#26 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the day seat opinions, though unfortunately they were a little late! As it was I got to the box office at half ten yesterday & was still sucessful in getting a day seat for the matinee. Luckily for me a number of people in front of me were put off by the box office chaps explaining about the high stage & chose to sit in the upper circle instead. I'm someone who'd take front row over upper circle any day, even if you only see the cast from the knees up, and found the view fine.

#27 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

They only warn about that because at the front you lose a little of the tap-dancing..... but you gain a lot in being part of the action (if you don't mind sitting amongst some questionable men unfortunately!)

#28 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostSeriously, on 24 July 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

They only warn about that because at the front you lose a little of the tap-dancing..... but you gain a lot in being part of the action (if you don't mind sitting amongst some questionable men unfortunately!)

questionable men? really??.... the majority of people I see in the day queue are tourists, there are a number of dyed in the wool Billy fans who sit in row B, which they book in advance...... I wouldnt call them questionable, certainly no more questionable than some of the people I see in the day seats.... but I think I have done enough ranting about them in the "Bad Behaviour" topic on the general boards

#29 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

Off topic i know but i didn't knew what else to do. i am meant to see this show next Wednesday but heard that Victoria station is closed. i don't know London that well so can anyone tell me of how else to get to the theatere by tube.

Thanks in advance.

#30 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2519 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 26 July 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Off topic i know but i didn't knew what else to do. i am meant to see this show next Wednesday but heard that Victoria station is closed. i don't know London that well so can anyone tell me of how else to get to the theatere by tube.

Thanks in advance.
Difficult to answer because I don't know where you're travelling from! I suggest you use the Transport for London online Journey Planner - link below. Just enter where you're starting your journey, the date and time you want to arrive, etc. etc.

http://journeyplanne...ST2?language=en

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users