#31 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

View PostHonoured Guest, on 26 July 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Difficult to answer because I don't know where you're travelling from! I suggest you use the Transport for London online Journey Planner - link below. Just enter where you're starting your journey, the date and time you want to arrive, etc. etc.

http://journeyplanne...ST2?language=en

Sorry, I am traveling from Paddington!

#32 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2531 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 26 July 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Sorry, I am traveling from Paddington!
take Bakerloo line southbound (towards Elephant & Castle)
change at Oxford Circus
take Victoria line southbound (towards Brixton)
alight at Victoria

#33 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 26 July 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

Off topic i know but i didn't knew what else to do. i am meant to see this show next Wednesday but heard that Victoria station is closed. i don't know London that well so can anyone tell me of how else to get to the theatere by tube.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I'd Bakerloo it down to Embankment then tube to either St James' Park or Sloane Square (and walk from there). Other option is to use Bakerloo to Charing Cross then catch the 24 bus from down Whitehall. I'm sure there's other bus options - that's just the only one I ever use in that area.

However - where did you see Victoria station is closed? I can't find any sign of it.

If Victoria is open, the easiest is to take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus then the Victoria line to Victoria.

#34 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 26 July 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Personally I'd Bakerloo it down to Embankment then tube to either St James' Park or Sloane Square (and walk from there). Other option is to use Bakerloo to Charing Cross then catch the 24 bus from down Whitehall. I'm sure there's other bus options - that's just the only one I ever use in that area.

However - where did you see Victoria station is closed? I can't find any sign of it.

If Victoria is open, the easiest is to take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus then the Victoria line to Victoria.

I Saw it on a travel website for UK travel (Not sure of the name) however i  sent  an email to TFL (People in charge of the tube) and they said that there is major refurbishment works going on however the tube station is very much open however there may be ques of up to 20 minutes to get to the platform and entry to the station may be staggered so use alternative stations if possible. so contrary to what i had previously read the station is NOT closed.

If anyone has had any experience of these long ques could you please tell me how long exactly you were waiting.

Thanks.

#35 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 26 July 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

I Saw it on a travel website for UK travel (Not sure of the name) however i  sent  an email to TFL (People in charge of the tube) and they said that there is major refurbishment works going on however the tube station is very much open however there may be ques of up to 20 minutes to get to the platform and entry to the station may be staggered so use alternative stations if possible. so contrary to what i had previously read the station is NOT closed.

If anyone has had any experience of these long ques could you please tell me how long exactly you were waiting.

Thanks.

It's definitely not closed, they just have fewer escalators than normal, hence the delays.

If you're seeing the evening show it won't affect you - you'll be coming against the traffic. I saw Wicked last Friday and experienced no queues whatsoever to get out, just the standard tube station crowds.  And coming back it'll be after 10pm, so you'll only have the people coming from Wicked and Billy Elliot plus train passengers.  It'll be quite busy, but there weren't any queues as such, certainly not staggered entry, and I got onto the first train northbound once I reached the platform, and got a seat!  

If you're going to the matinee, however, it will be very busy when you come out, so I would suggest going for dinner/drinks post-show and travelling back later.  They also don't open the ticket offices or machines at peak time, so make sure you buy your return ticket at Paddington too.

#36 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

View Postposter J, on 26 July 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

It's definitely not closed, they just have fewer escalators than normal, hence the delays.

If you're seeing the evening show it won't affect you - you'll be coming against the traffic. I saw Wicked last Friday and experienced no queues whatsoever to get out, just the standard tube station crowds.  And coming back it'll be after 10pm, so you'll only have the people coming from Wicked and Billy Elliot plus train passengers.  It'll be quite busy, but there weren't any queues as such, certainly not staggered entry, and I got onto the first train northbound once I reached the platform, and got a seat!  

If you're going to the matinee, however, it will be very busy when you come out, so I would suggest going for dinner/drinks post-show and travelling back later.  They also don't open the ticket offices or machines at peak time, so make sure you buy your return ticket at Paddington too.

Thanks So Much. it will be the evening show so good to hear there wont be ques.

#37 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 26 July 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thanks So Much. it will be the evening show so good to hear there wont be ques.

the only time I have experienced any issues getting on / off the tubes at Victoria is during peak times, i.e rush hour.... they close off some of the access / exits staggering the volume of foot traffic on and off the platforms.  Rush hour tends to run until about 6:45 / 7:00pm, if in doubt, get there a little early, you could always sit in the pub next door :D
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 179 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#38 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Changing from Bakerloo to Victoria at Oxford Circus is dead simple as you just have to cross to the adjacent platform - no stairs or corridors. You do need to allow slightly longer to get out at Victoria but as long as you don't get there at 7.20 you'll be fine.

#39 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Does anyone know do the children playing billy, Micheal and Debbie have certain nights or is it just decided closer to the time, if so does anyone know who will be playing these roles on Wednesday night.

#40 Sam4God

Sam4God

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

View Postmrtheatre123, on 31 July 2011 - 12:18 AM, said:

Does anyone know do the children playing billy, Micheal and Debbie have certain nights or is it just decided closer to the time, if so does anyone know who will be playing these roles on Wednesday night.

I think they are decided closer to the time / no set dates and it changes every week. This is a list of the Billys/Michaels/Debbies from the past 10 performances:

July 23 - (Mat) Ryan/Connor K/Emily W
July 23 - (Eve) Josh/Reece/Francesca
July 25 - Adam/Connor L/Francesca
July 26 - Scott/Connor K/Emily W
July 27 - Adam/Joe M/Emily S
July 28 - (Mat) Dean/Reece/Emily S
July 28 - (Eve) Ryan/Connor K/Emily W
July 29 - Adam/Joe M/Emily W
July 30 - (Mat) Scott/Connor L/Francesca
July 30 - (Eve) Dean/Joe M/Emily S

So as you can see, it doesn't really follow a routine and it's different every week. Only way to find out is if you know the Billys' parents personally to ask them about their schedules.

I've seen every Billy currently in the show though and they're all amazing - so I'm sure you'll enjoy the show with whoever you have on as Billy!
WEST END: Wicked X80 | Billy Elliot X91 | Singin' In The Rain X25 | Avenue Q X16 | Legally Blonde X27 | Matilda X5 | The Lion King X5 | Sound of Music X1 | Les Miserables X5 | Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat X2 | We Will Rock You X4 | The 39 Steps X15 | Oliver X3 | Chicago X2 | Mamma Mia! X7 |  Hair X3 | Ghost Stories X1 | Jersey Boys X7 | Enron X1 | Blood Brothers X3 | All The Fun of the Fair X1 | Phantom of the Opera X5 | Flashdance X3 | Stomp X1 | Grease The Musical X3 | Sweet Charity X2 | The Woman In Black X2 | Priscilla X2 | Dreamboats and Petticoats X1 | The Glass Menagerie X1 | Love Never Dies X2 | Wizard of Oz X3 | Deathtrap X1 | Sister Act X5 | Love Story X2 | Ordinary Days X1 | End of the Rainbow X1 | Umbrellas of Cherbourg X3 | Flare Path X1 | Spelling Bee X1 | Shrek X7 | Thrill Me X1 | Lend Me A Tenor X2 | Ghost X3 | Betty Blue Eyes X1 | Rock of Ages X3 | Master Class X1 | One Man, Two Guv'nors X2 | Pitmen Painters X1 | Soho Cinders X2 | Spamalot x3 | Sweeney Todd X1 | Volcano X1 | Loserville X6 | Good Night Mr. Tom X1 | Scrooge X1 | Once X2 | A Chorus Line X5 | Curious Incident X2 | Beautiful Thing X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | A Midsummer Night's Dream X2 | Book of Mormon X2 | From Here To Eternity X1 | Stephen Ward X1 | The Commitments X1 | I Can't Sing X2 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels X1 | The Duck House X1

FRINGE: Smokey Joe's Cafe X1 | Tomorrow Morning X3 | Company X1 | The Kissing Dance X2 | Road Show X1 | Crazy For You X1 | The Belle's Stratagem X3 | Pippin X1 | Kissing Sid James X1 | Mack & Mabel X1 | Taboo X1 | Victor/Victoria X1 | Bully Boy X1 | Daddy Long Legs X1 | Merrily We Roll Along X1 | Lift X4 | Payback the Musical X1 | Candide X1 | The A to Z of Mrs P X1

BROADWAY: Wicked X1 | Newsies X1 | Annie X1

ON TOUR: Les Miserables (Barbican) X1 | Evita (Wimbledon) X1 | Annie (Woking) X1 | Hairspray (Woking) X1 | Avenue Q (Bromley) X2 | Avenue Q (Richmond) X2 | Avenue Q (Woking) X2 | Avenue Q (High Wycombe) X2 | Avenue Q (Southampton) X1 | Avenue Q (Milton Keynes) X1 | Avenue Q (Salford) X1 | Avenue Q (Cardiff) X1 | Avenue Q (Belfast) X1 | Avenue Q (Northampton) X2 | Jekyll & Hyde (Woking) X1 | Legally Blonde (Bristol) X2 | Legally Blonde (York) X1 | Legally Blonde (Glasgow) X1 | Legally Blonde (Edinburgh) X1 | Sister Act (Oxford) X1 | Legally Blonde (Wimbledon) X1 | Rent 20th Anniversary Concert X5 | West Side Story X1 | Wicked X10 | Seven Brides for Seven Brothers X1 | Fiddler on the Roof X1 | Fame X1 | Tonight's The Night X1

CHICHESTER: She Loves Me X3

OPEN AIR THEATRE: Crazy For You X1, Sound of Music X1

NATIONAL THEATRE: Welcome To Thebes X1 | London Road X1 | Curious Incident X1 | The Light Princess X1

OTHER: Vampirette (Manchester) X2, Loserville (Leeds) X1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users