#41 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostSam4God, on 31 July 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

I think they are decided closer to the time / no set dates and it changes every week. This is a list of the Billys/Michaels/Debbies from the past 10 performances:

July 23 - (Mat) Ryan/Connor K/Emily W
July 23 - (Eve) Josh/Reece/Francesca
July 25 - Adam/Connor L/Francesca
July 26 - Scott/Connor K/Emily W
July 27 - Adam/Joe M/Emily S
July 28 - (Mat) Dean/Reece/Emily S
July 28 - (Eve) Ryan/Connor K/Emily W
July 29 - Adam/Joe M/Emily W
July 30 - (Mat) Scott/Connor L/Francesca
July 30 - (Eve) Dean/Joe M/Emily S

So as you can see, it doesn't really follow a routine and it's different every week. Only way to find out is if you know the Billys' parents personally to ask them about their schedules.

I've seen every Billy currently in the show though and they're all amazing - so I'm sure you'll enjoy the show with whoever you have on as Billy!

Thanks for that, i wasn't suggesting that i would prefer one over the other as i have heard from everyone that the whole lot of them are fantastic,

#42 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

I saw this show on wedensday night  ans i must say it was a really  brillinat show the young children were brillinat, when i  saw it Josh Baker was billy and Joe Massey was Micheal. they both were  abselotly fanstastic. Genevieve lemon was off so i saw caroline deverill  who was very impressive. the whole show is really brilliant and a real  must see. on another note i have NEVER been in a theater as COLD as the  Victoria palace. i am not a cold person i am always too hot but i really  found the theater to be very cold.

#43 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

I read somewhere that the london and NY versions differ slightly of so does anyone know how?

#44 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Anyone have any Youtube clips of the song merry Christmas maggie Thatcher?

#45 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Anyone know the reason the curtian falls in the West end but rises in New york at the start of the show?

#46 MusicalTalk

MusicalTalk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:50 AM

Because America likes to see things go up in the world, as opposed to fall...
MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk

#47 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

Talk of the American Production scrapping "Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher" for "Merry Christmas Sarah Palin"

#48 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

That wouldnt work at all, especially considering what the base story of Billy is about, fruitless rumours if you ask me
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

#49 Seriously

Seriously

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

Perhaps not so fruitless

#50 Tina

Tina

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

all I see in that article, is that they will be making some tweaking for it to appeal to family groups, in other words, working on the language.....

Personally, I dont think that is a good move, as someone quite rightly stated in the comments section, the film comes with a rating, because of the language, and it is clearly (here in London anyway) pointed out, that the show is not suitable for children under a certain age, because of the profanities used.

But lets be fair here, this is how life was back then, it is portrayed accurately, certainly how I remembered life living in a North East England town, during the mining era & during the strikes.

Making a few changes to the language isnt going to make it more appealing to families, you may as well take it away, if you want it to be family friendly.

But then of course, you're making it an unrealistic portrayal of the way life was back then, for us.
Chasing the music, trying to get home.......
Seeee ya George..... See ya sunshine.... w****nker!
I hate you! You're a b*stard! ..... Ohhhhhh sh*t!
I've seen the real world from my caravan window...... and they can keep it!

West End: - Jersey Boys x 178 - Billy Elliot x 52 - All The Fun Of The Fair x 40 - WWRY x 7 - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory x 6 - Rock Of Ages x 6 - Legally Blonde x 6 - Avenue Q x 5  -  Mamma Mia x 5 - Les Miserables x 3 - Oliver! x 3 - Dirty Dancing x 3 - Book Of Mormon x 2 - The Commitments x 2 - Blood Brothers x 2 - Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert x 2 - Dreamboats & Petticoats x 2 - The Fantasticks x 1 - Grease x 1 - Thriller: Live x 1 - Shout x 1 - Wet Weather Cover x 1 - The Woman In Black x 1 - Tap Dogs x 1 - Sister Act x 1 - Wicked x 1 - Hamlet x 1 - Flashdance x 1 - Love Never Dies x 1 - Shrek: The Musical x 1 - Ghost Stories x 1 - Lend Me A Tenor x 1 - Ghost: The Musical x 1 - Cool Hand Luke x 1 - Backbeat x 1 - Crazy For You x 1 - Singing In The Rain x 1 - Our Boys x 1 - Seussical x 1 - Tailor Made Man x 1 - Merrily We Roll Along x 1 - Once: The Musical x 1 - I Can't Sing x 1

Broadway: - Jersey Boys x 2 - Anything Goes x 1 - Priscilla QOTD x 1 - Memphis x 1 - Mary Poppins x 1

Off Broadway: - Rent x 1 - Avenue Q x 1

Fringe: - Bent x 2 - Bright Lights, Big City x 1 - Salad Days x 1 - Ordinary Days x 1 - Company x 1 - Thrill Me x 2 (1 x Tristan Bates, 1 x New Players/Charing X Theatre) - Jest End x 1 - Doctor Faustus x 1 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered x 1 - The Hothouse x 1

Tour: - Evita x 2 (Bromley) - Blood Brothers x 1 (Coventry) - Monkee Business x 1 (Manchester) - Jesus Christ Superstar (O2 London) x 1

Regional: - Sound Of Music (Stevenage) x 1 - Cinderella (Liverpool) x 1 - Aladdin (Milton Keynes) x 1 - Cinderella (Watford) x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users