93 replies to this topic

#91 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

The word is that Billy will be gone by the end of the year, possibly sooner.

Sure you can get most of those things in Victoria station, bar the Cherry Coke which is hard to come by in London.

#92 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

The Victoria Palace is due to be refurbished with a new stage installed but I think they're waiting until the redevelopment of Victoria Station to be completed which is I believe is 2016. If Billy is closing this year then I think it would be a good idea to start the refurbishment rather than bring in a new show,

#93 JEFFJAGUAR

JEFFJAGUAR

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

I was a bit late last Thursday (I had arrived from the US that morning) and really didn't expe ct that none of the landmarks were still there I had grown accostomed to including the pub on the corner and the grocery chains both on the block opposite Victoria Station and a couple of blocks further down near Westminster City Hall.

For some reason, I've grown addicted (it really is an addiction) to diet coke cherry as served in the UK and while it sometimes is a bit difficult to find, most of those grocery stores did carry it for years as did Boots in the shopping plaza but it was gone too.  I dsidn't have time to look elsewhere!

(And to top off what was as disastrous afternoon although the show was fine, Wasgamama where I usually eat dinner after seeing a Billy Elliot afternoon performance has gotten rid of what was my favorite dish there.  Boy am I a creature of habit!  (Don't make fun!) :)

#94 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3371 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

very strong likelyhood its closing. short contracta for new cast plus a tour being planned all indicate that way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users