Sheila Hancock/A.M.M.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_The Count_*

Guest_The Count_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

Does anyone know how long both these performers are contracted to be appearing in Caberet.
I am hoping to see this in April and would like to see both of them, especially Sheila Hancock who is
an all time favourite.
Sorry if this has been asked before.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:45 PM

They will both be leaving on the 31st of March. Sorry! You're missing two great performances.
x

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 27 2007, 02:45 PM) View Post
They will both be leaving on the 31st of March. Sorry! You're missing two great performances.
x

Oh Bummox.
Thanks anyway. Do we know who will be replacing them ?

#4 Guest_Addict_*

Guest_Addict_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 27 2007, 03:03 PM) View Post
Oh Bummox.
Thanks anyway. Do we know who will be replacing them ?

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:38 PM

My ideal cast would be Judi Dench to replace Sheila and Billie Piper to play Sally!!!

#6 blowstar

blowstar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:JohnnyFox <br /><br />53 outside, 8 and a half inside ... urban gay SilverFox with wide to panoramic interests in travel, architecture, food, music, theatre, media and sex. Looking for love, probably in all the wrong places.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

Replacements are Honor Blackman, still milking her black-and-white Avengers reputation as the oldest vamp in the business, and Francis Matthews another telly hasbeen.   I don't think they'll have the chemistry of Sheila Hancock and Geoffrey Hutchings as Fraulein Schneider and Herr Schultz.

#7 blowstar

blowstar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:JohnnyFox <br /><br />53 outside, 8 and a half inside ... urban gay SilverFox with wide to panoramic interests in travel, architecture, food, music, theatre, media and sex. Looking for love, probably in all the wrong places.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

Blackman is 80 this year (or last year, depends which biog you read) and whilst I'm not suggesting there should be a retirement age for actresses (Hancock is 72 and still in excellent shape) Honor Blackman's singing voice was shot to hell when she played the Baroness in the Petula Clark Sound of Music at the Victoria Palace 25 years ago ...  so I will be interested to see how she copes with the more demanding part of Fraulein Schneider eight shows a week.

#8 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:03 AM

Just a minor correction - in the interests of accuracy wink.gif

It was the Apollo Victoria not the Vic Palace that SoM played at that time. The Vic Palace was reportedly considered and rejected for the ALW production which, several years later, has taken over the Palladium.
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#9 blowstar

blowstar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 12 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post
Just a minor correction - in the interests of accuracy wink.gif

It was the Apollo Victoria not the Vic Palace that SoM played at that time. The Vic Palace was reportedly considered and rejected for the ALW production which, several years later, has taken over the Palladium.

Quite right.  I meant the big monster place beside the Station, not the cuter theatre.  Always get those two names the wrong way round.

#10 siobhan

siobhan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(blowstar @ Mar 12 2007, 08:53 AM) View Post
Blackman is 80 this year (or last year, depends which biog you read) and whilst I'm not suggesting there should be a retirement age for actresses (Hancock is 72 and still in excellent shape) Honor Blackman's singing voice was shot to hell when she played the Baroness in the Petula Clark Sound of Music at the Victoria Palace 25 years ago ...  so I will be interested to see how she copes with the more demanding part of Fraulein Schneider eight shows a week.

I think Honor Blackman will be alright. You hardly need a great voice to sing her parts, I will definately catch them when they have the cast change. Hopefully it will still be on TKTS.
Don't dream it..be it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users