- - - - -

A Nancy Already Cast!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jo_*

Guest_Jo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:04 AM

According to the Sunday Mirror an unknown  Tanya Nyari has already been cast as Nancy to perform on Tuesday and Thursday evenings,she was spotted while taking her 12 year son to Oliver auditions.

#2 Guest_kasey_*

Guest_kasey_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/...98487-20388157/

.... for anybody who wants to see....

#3 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(Jo @ Apr 20 2008, 08:04 AM) View Post
According to the Sunday Mirror an unknown  Tanya Nyari has already been cast as Nancy to perform on Tuesday and Thursday evenings,she was spotted while taking her 12 year son to Oliver auditions.

Just to be clear: the article linked to  in the post above states she has been hired as standby on Tuesdays and Thursdays - she has not been cast "to perform," unless of course Nancy is unable to.
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 10:32 AM) View Post
Just to be clear: the article linked to  in the post above states she has been hired as standby on Tuesdays and Thursdays - she has not been cast "to perform," unless of course Nancy is unable to.

Cobblers it means she will do those days,so if the lead Nancy is ill on Wednesdays they get somebody else!!LOL!!dont be so daft!

#5 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 20 2008, 11:59 AM) View Post
Cobblers it means she will do those days,so if the lead Nancy is ill on Wednesdays they get somebody else!!LOL!!dont be so daft!

The original poster stated "has already been cast as Nancy to perform on Tuesday and Thursday evenings".  That is not the case.  She has been hired as standby.  

Of course I'm not daft enough to think the show will run an entire year without the Nancy being out on a Tuesday or a Thursday.  I believed that the original post indicated someone has been cast to play Nancy every T & T, regardless of which competitor won IDA.

#6 Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jon_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 11:04 AM) View Post
The original poster stated "has already been cast as Nancy to perform on Tuesday and Thursday evenings".  That is not the case.  She has been hired as standby.  

Of course I'm not daft enough to think the show will run an entire year without the Nancy being out on a Tuesday or a Thursday.  I believed that the original post indicated someone has been cast to play Nancy every T & T, regardless of which competitor won IDA.

Standby/Alternate  is the same thing,like Aoife Mulholland  in SOM if ture Tanya will have set days to perform and wont just go on if the lead is ill,thats an understudy!
So I dont see your point as nobody would employ a standby to cover for lead for only 2 days a week and like Aoife would do the leads holidays too not just the 2 days,if they are not doing 2 days a week there would be no need to mention any days of the week at all.

#7 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

I thought Cameron Macintosh was producing the show not ALW?

#8 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

why would you be a standby ONLY on tuesdays and thursdays?

either she (or someone else) is categorically always doing tuesday and thursday performances, in which case she's an alternate. or she's available for any performance when lead-nancy isn't, in which case she's a standby.

either that or it's the sunday mirror talking utter bollocks.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#9 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Sorry, I'm a victim of my own imprecision: the article states she was hired as an understudy, and later that she was given a one-year contract "to be on standby to cover Nancy" on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

QUOTE(Haz @ Apr 20 2008, 12:38 PM) View Post
either that or it's the sunday mirror talking utter bollocks.

'Nuff said.

#10 jimee1987

jimee1987

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Jon_* @ Apr 20 2008, 12:35 PM) View Post
Standby/Alternate  is the same thing,like Aoife Mulholland  in SOM if ture Tanya will have set days to perform and wont just go on if the lead is ill,thats an understudy!

Standby and Alternate are not the same thing.
Aoife is an alternate which means she goes on set days a week regardless of whether the main lead is ill/on holiday or not.
A standby is like an understudy but they have no other role in the production. They go on when the part they cover is on holiday or has a planned absence.
Then the understudy is a member of the ensemble (generally) who goes on last minute if the lead becomes ill.

So if the story in the paper is true, Tanya Nyari will go on if the lead has a planned absence on a Tuesday or a Thursday.
"Condoms don't even go with lasagne"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users