A Nancy Already Cast!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Mary_*

Guest_Mary_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Sorry, I'm a victim of my own imprecision: the article states she was hired as an understudy, and later that she was given a one-year contract "to be on standby to cover Nancy" on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
'Nuff said.

I yhink she's great. I want to see her in the show. She's just like Shani Wallis and she was the best Nancy I've ever seen.

#32 Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(freckles @ Apr 21 2008, 06:33 PM) View Post
That would make sense BUT I simply don't believe this story. From the Sunday Mirror:
  "I can't believe my luck," said Tanya, who has no experience of working in the theatre.

"I'm going to be Nancy and it's all happened without even having to go on TV."

Why on earth would anyone employ a completely inexperienced unknown as cover, alternate, or anything?
And you're right, it would not be ALW's decision to cast a role of this nature in Cam Mac's production!

Either this is an experienced actress with a fake back story, or more likely she was commented upon favourably at her son's audition and someone has built up this story out of nothing.

I think it's a wonderful story. True or false. This is the Nancy I'd like to see. She looks like how I imagine Nancy to be. Cheeky, sexy and kind. Ahe's like the one in the film.

#33 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(jimee1987 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:44 PM) View Post
Standby and Alternate are not the same thing.
Aoife is an alternate which means she goes on set days a week regardless of whether the main lead is ill/on holiday or not.
A standby is like an understudy but they have no other role in the production. They go on when the part they cover is on holiday or has a planned absence.
Then the understudy is a member of the ensemble (generally) who goes on last minute if the lead becomes ill.

So if the story in the paper is true, Tanya Nyari will go on if the lead has a planned absence on a Tuesday or a Thursday.

Well, I know what days I'll try to book for.  It's a Tuesday or Thursday for me. This is the Nancy I want to see.

#34 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Mary @ May 5 2008, 11:41 PM) View Post
I yhink she's great. I want to see her in the show. She's just like Shani Wallis and she was the best Nancy I've ever seen.

QUOTE(jimee1987 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:44 PM) View Post
Standby and Alternate are not the same thing.
Aoife is an alternate which means she goes on set days a week regardless of whether the main lead is ill/on holiday or not.
A standby is like an understudy but they have no other role in the production. They go on when the part they cover is on holiday or has a planned absence.
Then the understudy is a member of the ensemble (generally) who goes on last minute if the lead becomes ill.

So if the story in the paper is true, Tanya Nyari will go on if the lead has a planned absence on a Tuesday or a Thursday.

Well, I know what days I'll try to book for.  It's a Tuesday or Thursday for me. This is the Nancy I want to see.

#35 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

Just to let you know, recent guests Peter, Paul, Joe, Mary and Simon are all posting from the same computer, but I'm sure this is just another case of people having to huddle up around the same meagre piece of equipment...
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#36 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ May 6 2008, 05:00 AM) View Post
Just to let you know, recent guests Peter, Paul, Joe, Mary and Simon are all posting from the same computer, but I'm sure this is just another case of people having to huddle up around the same meagre piece of equipment...

I suspect they share a brain as well, considering that the writing style is identical in each post. Or perhaps it's another case of loads of people who don't have Internet connections all phoning someone and asking them to post on their behalf, and all within the space of a few minutes. I can understand that: my friends and family do the same. Oh, hang on: they don't, because they're real.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#37 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 6 2008, 06:42 AM) View Post
I suspect they share a brain as well, considering that the writing style is identical in each post. Or perhaps it's another case of loads of people who don't have Internet connections all phoning someone and asking them to post on their behalf, and all within the space of a few minutes. I can understand that: my friends and family do the same. Oh, hang on: they don't, because they're real.

You've just made my day laugh.gif

#38 Guest_Guest_Peter_*_*

Guest_Guest_Peter_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 20 2008, 10:59 AM) View Post
Cobblers it means she will do those days,so if the lead Nancy is ill on Wednesdays they get somebody else!!LOL!!dont be so daft!

Well I'll be booking for a Tuesday or Thursday in the hope that Tanya will be on stage.

#39 Guest_lili_*

Guest_lili_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble but Im sure I remember seeing a retraction of this article in the paper the following week stating that no one had been cast in the role of Nancy!!

#40 Guest_Zainab_*

Guest_Zainab_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 6 2008, 05:42 AM) View Post

I think it's a shame that people can't have an innocent chat without the inclusion of bitter comments. Get a grip.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users