A Nancy Already Cast!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Zainab_*

Guest_Zainab_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Peter_* @ May 6 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post
Well I'll be booking for a Tuesday or Thursday in the hope that Tanya will be on stage.

Actually, it was a 'clarification' not a retraction and yes, no Nancy has ben FORMALLY picked yet.

#42 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn)
I suspect they share a brain as well, considering that the writing style is identical in each post. Or perhaps it's another case of loads of people who don't have Internet connections all phoning someone and asking them to post on their behalf, and all within the space of a few minutes. I can understand that: my friends and family do the same. Oh, hang on: they don't, because they're real.

QUOTE(Zainab @ May 7 2008, 02:21 PM) View Post
I think it's a shame that people can't have an innocent chat without the inclusion of bitter comments. Get a grip.......

Wanted to say something about Sibyl and her sixteen personalities but somehow couldn't get the words quite right...

[Guess that was bitter.  Sorry.]
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#43 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Jenny_tyr @ May 6 2008, 04:00 AM) View Post
Just to let you know, recent guests Peter, Paul, Joe, Mary and Simon are all posting from the same computer, but I'm sure this is just another case of people having to huddle up around the same meagre piece of equipment...

So....if we want to "huddle up around the same piece of equipment" surely that's acceptable. We're not doing any harm. Anyway, what's the latest with the "Secret Nancy" any idea ?

#44 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(lili @ May 6 2008, 09:54 AM) View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but Im sure I remember seeing a retraction of this article in the paper the following week stating that no one had been cast in the role of Nancy!!

You leave my bubbles alone. I read it was a clarification not a retraction, so that means that they are saying no lead Nancy has been officially chosen yet. But they may be looking for suitable additions and Tanya may be a reserve. I think she teaches music at S.Y. and I'm sure she'd be really good as Nancy. She's got that feisty look about her. You know what they say, "there's no smoke without fire"so there must be some truth in the original Sunday Mirror article. What  are   your views`??

#45 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ May 7 2008, 03:11 PM) View Post
Wanted to say something about Sibyl and her sixteen personalities but somehow couldn't get the words quite right...

[Guess that was bitter. Sorry.]

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

#46 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 10:32 AM) View Post
Just to be clear: the article linked to  in the post above states she has been hired as standby on Tuesdays and Thursdays - she has not been cast "to perform," unless of course Nancy is unable to.

Let's hope she'll be able to perform on at least one of those days. The similarity between her and Shani Wallis is uncanny.

#47 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 10:32 AM) View Post
Just to be clear: the article linked to  in the post above states she has been hired as standby on Tuesdays and Thursdays - she has not been cast "to perform," unless of course Nancy is unable to.

Let's hope she'll be able to perform on at least one of those days. The similarity between her and Shani Wallis is uncanny.

#48 Guest_Jo_*

Guest_Jo_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(unknown @ May 2 2008, 10:56 AM) View Post
This is a pleasure to read. I hope everything works out well for all concerned. It'a so nice to read positive news for a change. Well done Sunday Mirror !

I want to find out more about this mystery lady. What's the latest ? Someone must know something !

#49 Guest_unknown_*

Guest_unknown_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE(Misplaced @ Apr 20 2008, 12:15 PM) View Post
Sorry, I'm a victim of my own imprecision: the article states she was hired as an understudy, and later that she was given a one-year contract "to be on standby to cover Nancy" on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
'Nuff said.

I want to find out more too. I'll be booking for a Tuesday or Thursday.

#50 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(Jo @ Apr 20 2008, 07:04 AM) View Post
According to the Sunday Mirror an unknown  Tanya Nyari has already been cast as Nancy to perform on Tuesday and Thursday evenings,she was spotted while taking her 12 year son to Oliver auditions.

I've been very patient. Does ayone know any more information about this ? When can we get to see her ? Was she ever on the BBC programme and if not why not ? I'm curious to find out more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users