189 replies to this topic

#11 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

According to a facebook page and 9to5themusical.co.uk tomorrow!

#12 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

like the logo... i gather they are going to use dolly as much as possible to sell this tour!! I will be booking tomorrow :)
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#13 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

According to the Beeb:

Tickets go on sale at nine to five (16:51 BST) on Tuesday.

My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#14 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9mins to 5!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#15 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

I hope that's not the permanent logo, it's asking for trouble having dolly so prominent

#16 MrTumnus

MrTumnus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Edinburgh Playhouse Mon 26 Nov - Sat 1 Dec 2012
I can't think out of the box as I don't have a box to start with.

#17 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

It is in Oxford the following week (3 - 8 Dec) and then on to Birmingham

In many ways, it is quite a risky tour - it was hardly a success on Broadway (closed after about 150 performances)

Will the Dolly name be enough to sell it?  Will there be some names in the cast to help?

We will have to see

#18 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I imagine if they do have a name it will be for Violet as opposed to anyone else, however, with Sheridan Smith saying she has a huge love for Dolly, I could potentially see her playing Doralee?

#19 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3396 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Not as she is doing Bridget jones, unless that is seriously delayed

#20 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I've been occupying myself in quiet moments at work thinking about who I'd cast! The actual casting better not disappoint! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users