#111 Tettekete

Tettekete

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Theatre and travel

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I've already got my ticket to see the show in Sunderland on the 31st (ah Halloween!), so I hope things'll be a bit more polished by then! Get Out And Stay Out is my favourite song in the show and since I adore Stephanie J. Block's version, I have really high expectations for this... :rolleyes:
Seen (theatre): Once (London x 2), Wicked (Scheveningen, The Netherlands x6), Wicked (London x 22), We Will Rock You (London x3), Les Miserables (London x 1), The Phantom of the Opera (London x1), Rock of Ages (London x 1), Romeo et Juliette (Takarazuka Revue, Japan x 5), Studio54 (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), For Whom The Bell Tolls (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x1), Nova Bossa Nova/Meguriai wa Futatabi (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x2), Nijinsky (Takarazuka Revue, Japan, x3), 9 to 5: The Musical (UK Tour, Sunderland x1), RENT in Concert (Newcastle x1), Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour, Sunderland x 1)

Seen (concerts, etc): Willemijn Verkaik "As I Am" solo concert at the AFAS Circustheater (2012), West End Eurovision 2013, Rachel Tucker at the St James Theatre studio, Scott Alan at the O2, Andrew Lippa at the St James Theatre

#112 vertigo1

vertigo1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I've heard clips of Nstalie singing Ireland in Legally Blonde and whilst she was ok i would hardly describe it as the best vocal performance in town, in fact she wasn't even the best vocal performance in her show. As for the way Blonde is played in the US and UK both original women played her as an airhead with brains and heart, Shetidan just played the comedy better. That's very different from turning the character in to something completely different which is what has happened in 9 to 5

#113 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Vertigo1

Your comment about no one standing in the circle or gallery at the end of the show are totally fabricated, from my seat in the gallery I could see a huge number of the circle on their feet as well as in the gallery.  Granted not as many in the gallery as it does take a certain amount of courage to sit up there let alone stand!
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#114 vertigo1

vertigo1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I have a pic on my phone I took at the end during the curtain call, I will post it. From where I was sat (front of Gallery) I did not see anyone at the front of the circle stand and nobody in the gallery. I will see if I can upload the pic

#115 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Is the smoking weed scene still in the show and does the "Sexist..Bigot" number play out similar to the dream sequence?

#116 vertigo1

vertigo1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yes the smoking weed scene is in but was terrible on the night i saw it, hopefully they can tighten it up. At the end of the scene Judy talks about the picture she is seeing in her head and it goes in to the new song with each lady singing a section about what they would like to do to him. All the dream scene takes place in the boss's office but it's all pink and glittery, it was fun, an improvement on the Broadway version. The lyrics were hard to make it out though due to bad sound balance

#117 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postvertigo1, on 13 October 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

I have a pic on my phone I took at the end during the curtain call, I will post it. From where I was sat (front of Gallery) I did not see anyone at the front of the circle stand and nobody in the gallery. I will see if I can upload the pic

View PostGhostmusicalfan, on 13 October 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Vertigo1

Your comment about no one standing in the circle or gallery at the end of the show are totally fabricated, from my seat in the gallery I could see a huge number of the circle on their feet as well as in the gallery.  Granted not as many in the gallery as it does take a certain amount of courage to sit up there let alone stand!

Does whether anyone stood or not really matter? That's no sign of anything, especially on a first preview. Those who know the cast will stand, while those who don't, won't (and nor will they be impressed as it's not slick yet). That's almost always the case, isn't it?

#118 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing this next week, but the main thing I'm worried about is Natalie Casey. One of my favourite actresses got so close to being cast, I don't want to be sitting there thinking "she could do it better". The cynical part of me suspects that Natalie was cast because she's a name.

#119 vertigo1

vertigo1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

What's on Stage review i think is spot on
http://www.whatsonst...=E8831350405407

#120 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Well I cannot wait to see this next week! Me and my partner missed this on Broadway by a matter of months so we were soooo excited when the tour was announced! It's never going to be the production that everyone wanted including the cast but I am just happy that we are at least getting a professional production the UK which cant be said for other shows...*cough* NEXT TO NORMAL*cough* lol
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users