• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

They have probably renewed their contracts since that was put up
LONDON
[2004 ]   Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010]     Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011]     Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013]     The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#162 aniali

aniali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Natalie casey and ben richards wont be performig at the bristol shows

#163 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Mark Moraghan has tweeted he's taking over as Franklin...he's been tweeting about doing run throughs so I assume he's taking over from 3rd Feb.  Unless Ben Richards is coming back at a later date?  

#164 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3399 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ben Richards is going to the States for pilot season so may return at some stage, depends how successful he is stateside I guess

#165 sandeman

sandeman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Worked in professional theatre for over 20 years.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

He is meant to be returning to the show in May

#166 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I saw the show tonight in Dublin. If you're going into the show expecting the Broadway production, you will be disappointed. If you go in expecting a fun night at the theatre, you are certainly in for a treat!

The cast were all wonderful. I heard alot of things about Natalie Casey and I gotta say, although she could not have been further from Jane Fonda or Stephanie Block as Judy, she was wonderful. (I know her job isn't to play it similar to Jane or Stephanie but sometimes, people base it on the original slightly and that's fine too) She was incredibly quirky and I had no idea she could sing like that!  Amy Lennox was wonderful as Doralee and again what a voice. Jackie Clune as Violet was also great and although she has one big number and several verses throughout the show, it's not the most vocally demanding role but she was in nice voice. The ensemble were great with a special mention to Peter McPherson who is a joy to watch on stage. A shirtless appearence is always welcome in my book! ;)

I thought the score was fantastic for the most part but found "Sexist...Bigot", a new number written for this production slightly forgettable but it's more of a scene with music and the occasional verse here and there. I was however disappointed "I Just Might" was cut but admittedly, it wasn't until the intermission I realised it was gone.

If anyone's interested in knowing, there is a few plot changes from the Broadway production (may include spoilers, but nothing major) Maria, one of the office workers, is no longer fired for discussing salary, instead, Judy is yelled at by Hart which pushes her to the edge. It is now Missy (Hart's wife, who returns home from a cruise to find Hart tied up) who frees Hart from his room, not like in the US version where he broke free himself and found Doralee's gun.

Overall, I would recommend the show for anybody looking for a great two and a half hours in a theatre, leaving with a massive smile on your face.  Any questions, feel free to ask!

#167 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostMothers Younger Brother, on 26 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I saw the show tonight in Dublin. If you're going into the show expecting the Broadway production, you will be disappointed. If you go in expecting a fun night at the theatre, you are certainly in for a treat!

The cast were all wonderful. I heard alot of things about Natalie Casey and I gotta say, although she could not have been further from Jane Fonda or Stephanie Block as Judy, she was wonderful. (I know her job isn't to play it similar to Jane or Stephanie but sometimes, people base it on the original slightly and that's fine too) She was incredibly quirky and I had no idea she could sing like that!  Amy Lennox was wonderful as Doralee and again what a voice. Jackie Clune as Violet was also great and although she has one big number and several verses throughout the show, it's not the most vocally demanding role but she was in nice voice. The ensemble were great with a special mention to Peter McPherson who is a joy to watch on stage. A shirtless appearence is always welcome in my book! ;)

I thought the score was fantastic for the most part but found "Sexist...Bigot", a new number written for this production slightly forgettable but it's more of a scene with music and the occasional verse here and there. I was however disappointed "I Just Might" was cut but admittedly, it wasn't until the intermission I realised it was gone.

If anyone's interested in knowing, there is a few plot changes from the Broadway production (may include spoilers, but nothing major) Maria, one of the office workers, is no longer fired for discussing salary, instead, Judy is yelled at by Hart which pushes her to the edge. It is now Missy (Hart's wife, who returns home from a cruise to find Hart tied up) who frees Hart from his room, not like in the US version where he broke free himself and found Doralee's gun.

Overall, I would recommend the show for anybody looking for a great two and a half hours in a theatre, leaving with a massive smile on your face.  Any questions, feel free to ask!

I Was there tonight and agree with everything, special mention to Bonnie Langsford......WOW, very impressed, tiny bit dissapointed with Jackie, saw her in Mama Mia and thaught she was a lot better in that, but a brilliant show!!!

#168 Mothers Younger Brother

Mothers Younger Brother

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I would actually like to now take that comment back about "Sexist..Bigot" being un-memorable. I woke up with the tune in my head this morning!

#169 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Haha same here! actually a very catchy song!

#170 Showstopper

Showstopper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Will this transfer ? Or to early to say ?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users