189 replies to this topic

#21 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

I think Sheridan would love to play DoraLee but has a very busy schedule at the moment. She'd be fabulous in the role. Not booking for this until the cast is announced. They'd better not screw it up!

#22 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

The turn around for each tour dates are pretty tight if what whatsonstage.com are reporting is correct...

The tour opens at Manchester Opera House from 12 to 20 October, 2012. It will subsequently visit the New Wimbledon Theatre (21-27 October), Sunderland Empire (28 October-3 November), Woking New Victoria (5-10 November), Glasgow King's Theatre (12-17 November), Stoke Regent Theatre (18-24 November), Edinburgh Playhouse (26 November-1 December), Oxford New Theatre (2-8 December), Theatre Royal Brighton (9-15 December) and Birmingham New Alexandra Theatre (16 December-5 January).

Looking at the dates, at some of the tour dates it will be closing on the saturday at one location then opening the FOLLOWING day at the other location! For example it finished on Saturday 1st December at Edinburgh and then plays Oxford from Sunday 2nd December?? Thats one tight turn around!!! The set can't be that complicated?!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#23 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wimbledon and Woking are perfect for me! Just wish they were a bit farther apart!

#24 Mark_E

Mark_E

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Glad it will go to Wimbledon so the Londoners can see it easily :)

#25 simon from oxford

simon from oxford

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostMark_21, on 27 March 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Looking at the dates, at some of the tour dates it will be closing on the saturday at one location then opening the FOLLOWING day at the other location! For example it finished on Saturday 1st December at Edinburgh and then plays Oxford from Sunday 2nd December?? Thats one tight turn around!!! The set can't be that complicated?!

The dates must be wrong - the release I had today from Oxford says it is running from the 3rd - so that should be ok.

They can't have the theatre any earlier - as I have a production in there the week before!

#26 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Confirmed tour dates!Manchester Opera House (12th-20th October) New Wimbledon Theatre (22nd-27th October) Sunderland Empire (29th October-3rd November)Woking New Victoria (5th-10th November)Glasgow King's Theatre (12th-17th November) Stoke Regent Theatre (19th-24th November), Edinburgh Playhouse (26th November-1st December) Oxford New Theatre (3rd-8th December)Theatre Royal Brighton (10th-15th December)Birmingham New Alexandra Theatre (17th December-5 January, 2013)
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

#27 wls250

wls250

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Twinnie Lee More would actually make an amazing Dorlee cover (or better lead)

#28 HoppyToad

HoppyToad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

I've booked to see it in Manchester. Tickets have already arrived this morning. Really looking forward to seeing it. Can't help thinking though that the casting is going to make or break the show. Dolly Parton will only take it so far.
I'd love for Louise Dearman to play Doralee. She'd be amazing in the role, think she could handle the songs with ease.
I've been struggling to think of anyone to play Judy though, just can't imagine anyone other than Stephanie J Block singing Get Out And Stay Out, but then there isn't anyone like Stephanie J Block.

#29 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'd quite like to see Aoife Mulholland as Judy. I thought she was an excellent Roxy. I know the roles are quite different yet there both timid to begin with..

#30 Ghostmusicalfan

Ghostmusicalfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostZippy, on 27 March 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

<br />I think Sheridan would love to play DoraLee but has a very busy schedule at the moment. She'd be fabulous in the role. Not booking for this until the cast is announced. They'd better not screw it up!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

With Bridget now delayed until 2013 I would love to see Sheridan as DoraLee.
2013:

JANUARY: Peter Pan (Mcr Opera House), One Man Two Guvnors (Lowry), Of Mice and Men (Bolton Octagon), Moscow State Circus (Lowry)
FEBRUARY: Priscilla (Mcr Opera House), Jethro (Lowry), Guinness World Records (Lowry), Peacock & Gamble (Lowry)
MARCH: Book of Mormon (LDN), Billy Elliot (LDN), Horrible Histories (Lowry), New Jersey Nights (Mcr Opera House), 8 out of 10 Cats (Media City), Hairspray (School Production), The Hollies (Lowry), Marti Pellow (Lowry), Sing-a-long a Grease (Lowry), Rocky Horror (Mcr Opera House)
APRIL: Ghost on Tour Cardiff x6, Ghost on Tour Wimbledon x1
MAY: Woman in Black (Lowry), Blues Brothers - Approved (Mcr Opera House), Ghost on Tour Edinburgh x3, Carnaby Street (Mcr Opera House)
JUNE: Omid Djalili (Lowry) Ghost on Tour Wolverhampton x2, Ghost on Tour Leeds x4, Sherlock Holmes (Mcr Opera House)
JULY:  Ghost on Tour Manchester x23, Joseph (Stockport Plaza), Rehearsal Space (Mcr Fringe), Countdown (Media City), Mastermind (Media City), Dave Grusin & Lee Ritenor (Mcr Fringe), Disney Live (Lowry), Momentous Musicals (Mcr Palace)
AUGUST:  Grease (Mcr Palace), Soul Sister (L'pool Empire), How to Succeed in Business (Lowry), Evita (Lowry), Ghost Nottingham, 9 to 5 (Mcr Opera House), NYMT West Side Story (Victoria Warehouse Mcr)
SEPTEMBER:  Blood Brothers (Lowry), Cabaret (Mcr Opera House), Ghost Bristol x2, Nina Conti (Lowry), Ghost Milton Keynes x4, Chicago (Oldham Coliseum), Once London
OCTOBER: Ghost Glasgow x3, The Illusionists (Mcr Apollo), Wicked (Mcr Palace), Rocky Horror (Wolverhampton), Stephen K Amoss (Lowry)
NOVEMBER: Ghost Southampton x2, Ghost is Dancing (Mayflower),Ghost Woking, Cabaret Fandangles (Kings Arms), War Horse (Lowry), Rent (Mcr Palace), Ghost Sunderland x2
DECEMBER: Ghost Birmingham x3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users