189 replies to this topic

#41 Mark_21

Mark_21

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Baz from the Daily Mail is reporting the casting for the leads. Full casting is to be revealed tomorrow:

Bonnie Langford - Roz (Office Manager)
Jackie Clune - Violet
Natalie Casey - Judy
Amy Lennox  - Doralee
Ben Richards - The Boss

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1z7tS1TX9

I'm soooo excited for this!!
So far in the West End and Off-West End: Wicked, Sister Act, Priscilla, The Lion King, An Inspector Calls, La Cage Aux Folles, Legally Blonde, Waiting For Godot, Blood Brothers, Private Lives, Oliver!, Shirley Valentine, Sweet Charity, All my Sons, Hair, Mamma Mia, End of the Rainbow, Love Story, We Will Rock You, The Children's Hour, The Wizard of Oz, Ordinary Lives, Clybourne Park, Betty Blue Eyes, Thrill Me, Shrek The Musical, Kathy Griffin Live at the Palace, Luise Miller, Billy Elliot, Lend Me A Tenor, Much Ado About Nothing, Park Avenue Cat, Ghost The Musical, The Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Les Miserables, Jersey Boys, Betwixt, Rock of Ages, A Round-Heeled Woman, Crazy For You, Masterclass, Absent Friends, Sex with a Stranger, After The Turn, The Awkward Squad, All New People, Hay Fever, Soul Sister, Bird's of a Feather UK Tour, Steel Magnolias UK Tour, The Duchess of Malfi, The Sunshine Boys, Noises Off, What the Butler Saw, South Downs/The Browning Version, Sweeney Todd, Long Day's Journey into Night, War Horse, One Man, Two Guvnors, Abigail's Party, Matilda, London Road, Jumpy, Looserville The Musical, Scrooge The Musical, 9 to 5 UK Tour, My Fair Lady...

2013: 9 to 5 The Musical (UK Tour), The Rocky Horror Show (UK Tour), Kiss Me Kate, The Book of Mormon, The Bodyguard, Quartermaine's Terms (Understudy Run), The Judas Kiss, The Bodyguard, The Winslow Boy, Top Hat, The Bodyguard, Ghost The Musical (UK Tour), Singin' in the Rain, Merrily We Roll Along, The Bodyguard, A Chorus Line, Passion Play, The Audience, Passion Play, The Bodyguard, Sweet Bird of Youth, The Bodyguard, Once...

#42 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3400 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hmmm personally I think that's disappointing casting except Amy Lennox. Thought the cd was so so, may skip it

#43 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

intrigued into see this and now even more so with the casting of Amy Lennox. may have to look into it nearer the time when it gets to Sunderland

#44 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Cast to me read as being all fairly good - Clune is a great actress (but I've never seen her in any of her MT roles so can't comment on her singing). The only one I've not seen on stage before is Langford.

I am now more tempted than I was before the casting was released to go along and see this.

View Postharveyjnr, on 26 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

i know that louise dearman and rachel wooding are neck and neck as they were seen at finals the other day. along with nicola brazil.

I like how they have turned out to be clearly not neck and neck.

#45 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

they were neck and neck. obviously to the bitter end as amy swiped it.

#46 smithers

smithers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, music, politics

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostDanielWhit, on 29 June 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Cast to me read as being all fairly good - Clune is a great actress (but I've never seen her in any of her MT roles so can't comment on her singing).

Jackie Clune used to do an impressive cabaret act as 'The voice of Karen Carpenter' way back. I saw her a few times and thought she was great. Not sure what her 'normal' voice is like, but she really did sound a lot like Karen Carpenter (which is no bad thing in my book!)

#47 hollygolightly

hollygolightly

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Jackie Clune was brilliant in Billy Elliot a few years back.

#48 Jamie Kenny

Jamie Kenny

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Saskia Strallen is in the ensemble

#49 robintusin

robintusin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Video of the 9 to 5 cast photoshoot featuring Natalie Casey, Bonnie Langford, Jackie Clune, Ben Richards and Amy Lennox.

#50 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I wonder if one can get a refund?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users