- - - - -

Jessie... Getting Worse.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lesley_*

Guest_Lesley_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

I've never particularly been a fan of Jessie, but I'll admit that I thought that she was good, not great, but good.  But I didn't get ALW's obsession with her.  I think she'll have a career in the theatre, but I think she needs to train first.  This is all I felt last night.  She was really weak, wasn't acting, and okay some may say that that's because she was having to think about movement, but there is movement in EVERY show, and in most, not just movement, but dance.  

Part of training is learning to grow, and adapt and learn, and this happens by learning to take criticism and working on that.  Yesterday was the first time she was given proper criticism, and she was tearing up.  That's showing her age and lack of experience.  Okay cry when you're off stage, but not on stage in front of the camera, where she can get a sympathy vote!  She is not going to go into a job, and be on the mark straight away, you have to work with a director, they tell you what they want.  And even through previews the show will change so much, that you have to be on the ball with what you are doing, but also able to change it very quickly.  I think Denise hit the button on the mark when she wondered if her lack of improvement meant that she couldn't take direction?!

#2 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

She is too young - particularly emotionally.

She hasn't the maturity to cope with the situation

and whilst she has a talent, she doesn't yet have the skills or experience to harness it

I am sure that will come - but not for Nancy

#3 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

I agree about Jessie. She's probably not getting worse but not better either. She has a good voice but she would need the training for the acting and the movement. She also does need to grow up a bit or learn how to cope with her emotions while on stage/camera. It also annoyed me when she was trying to justify herself to the panel yesterday. Samantha is the youngest of the group and behaves far more professionally.

#4 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

I've never understood why Jessie is the bookie's favourite.  The bookie's favourite for Maria and Joseph went on to win so I hope the bookies have it wrong.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

#5 Guest_amy_*

Guest_amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:39 PM

I think shes only popular cos of her 'cheeky Oirish charm, to be sure..'....

Shes an okay singer but she moves like a man, and the thing she does with her mouth..like shes the joker in Batman, is truly off putting and not useful to play Nancy.....Shes yet to show she has any acting ability too......

Rachel or Jodie to win....PLEASE!

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:47 PM

I think she's favourite to win because she's the kind of person Joe Public will vote for and then moan and ask for their ticket money back when she's off due to running herself down or the alternate is on. With some work and maybe a few years at drama school she could be good, but not good enough yet in my eyes

#7 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:20 PM

the posture and odd mouth things need sorting very quickly - it really is off-putting

#8 Guest_guest-peter_*

Guest_guest-peter_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

It's her accent that puts me off. I don't think she'll be able to pull off cockney at all convincingly.

#9 JIJane

JIJane

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Jessie is a great example of someone with lots of potential that is trainable and would possibly be a very good pro once she trains and matures a couple of years. But having her in the run for Nancy now is total madness.

#10 Guest_rattler_*

Guest_rattler_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Agree with all negative comments about Jessie, very off putting where she "sings" out of the corner of her mouth. She also needs to stop arguing with the panel every time they make a comment. She should just listen and take onboard all the criticism which she wholeheartdley deserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users