346 replies to this topic

#341 Titan

Titan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hopefully a bigger tour than the first one. I think this could do well in bigger venues

#342 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Its had an excellent run, am sure it will do well on tour.

#343 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Its had a fantastic run for a play and I'm sure it'll have a good run on tour. It'll have done just under three years from both its West End runs and its run at the National.

Guessing Blithe Spirit and The Importance of Being Earnest will be the next two plays at the Haymarket.

#344 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostTitan, on 30 August 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Hopefully a bigger tour than the first one. I think this could do well in bigger venues

Well I saw it in the ginormous Wales Millenium Centre in Cardiff, (Row B in the Dress Circle which still seemed further than a normal dress circle) and thought it was good, but probably would have appreciated it more in a smaller venue as it seemed a little lost.

#345 jamescrispy94

jamescrispy94

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Heading to Birmingham Hippodrome 26th - 31st May 2014 http://www.birmingha...asp?showId=1806. Would have thought the Hippodrome would be a bit too big for this show (having previously said my experience of seeing it at the Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff). Would have thought returning it to the New Alexandra Theatre would have been best, or even the newly re-opened REP would be good (seeing as it usually hosts the National's productions including People currently running). It says on the Hippodrome's page cast is to be announced (despite a photo of Owain Arthur).

#346 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Saw the show tonight and having skimmed through the 30-odd pages of this thread am I right to assume the woman who walked on stage during the 'sandwich' section and gave Owain an orange was a genuine unplanned piece of audience participation?  His 'ad libs' certainly weren't up to the standard of the other sections which implied it was genuine!

#347 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

I don't recall any oranges in the sandwich scene... from your description they've either added something that hasn't worked, or regular fans are trying to get in on the act (literally)!  I've only seen it once though, so I could be wrong.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users