- - - - -

Cabaret

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tanya_*

Guest_Tanya_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

Saw this last night quite enjoyed it, I thought the lead was a brilliant actress singing wasn't great but then again it didn't really seem to matter. The rest of the cast were ok. There were a number of giggling girls when ever anyone was naked on stage but oh well.

H from steps was in the audience which everyone seemed very excited by lol

#2 plutoanddragons

plutoanddragons

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

I saw a matinee of this yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know much about it beforehand, but I was surprised how many songs I recognised. We had an understudy for Sally Bowles, but she was great and had a very strong voice, although I found Sheila Hancock's Fraulein Schneider  more engaging than the Clifford and Sally Bowles thread.

James Dreyfus and Sheila Hancock were fantastic. I'm probably going to buy the soundtrack, and I'll be able to hear what Anna Maxwell Martin's singing voice is like.

Incidentally I think the Lyric Theatre's arrangement of seats is awful. I was in the Dress Circle and I don't think anybody had a good view, because the next row's seats are positioned straight in front of you and not offset at all and because there is hardly any rake, you get a big head in the way. I'm glad I only paid 20 quid and not 50-I'd be mad! I had a clear view for the longer first half, because there was nobody in front of me, but in the interval people were shuffling about looking for better seats, and so I had a fidgety head in front of me for the last 45 minutes. Sorry for the moan, but they need to eventually rethink the position of the seats. I'll think twice before going there again.

I went to see a Wicked matinee earlier in the month, and Jamie Cullum got mobbed by school kids wanting autographs in the interval; the poor boy didn't have time to eat his ice cream.

#3 xTanyax

xTanyax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Singing, dancing, acting, musicals, trampolining, spending time with friends.

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:36 PM

We were tlaking about how badly the seats are arranged I was towards the back of the stalls (only paid 14.50 good old school party fees) My view wasn't too bad but I do agree they should re-think how they are arranged.

I think I was more engaged by the sally Bowels storyline simply for her brilliant acting skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users