- - - - -

Isle Of Sam

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Guest_Kathryn_*_*

Guest_Guest_Kathryn_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:37 PM

Oh come on guys. The change isnt a permanent one, it's just temp while Sam is on the show. So saying that is has wiped out thousands of years of history is a little extreme. I think it's a really nice and quirky idea to show her some support, and can do nothing but bring some good publicity to the island and its young talent.

And if Sam is still in the comp in a few weeks time time when the TT races gets to the island, it'll probably get her a few more votes from the thousands of people (including myself) who travel to them every year.

#12 Guest_Jemi_*

Guest_Jemi_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 4 2008, 11:22 PM) View Post
So the island really was renamed and they have changed the logo too.  Maybe it would have been better to wait till she wins before doing it though.  

I wonder if Southend are planning on renaming the town after local boy Lee Mead.  Lee-end has a nice ring to it.

No WAY, Lee Mead is good as a preformer, but they should definatley not change the name. SAMANTHA rules. VOTE SAM biggrin.gif

#13 Guest_Penny_*

Guest_Penny_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

It's just a nice thing to do, to show that the Isle of Man are proud of her - why is everybody taking it so seriously!

#14 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(Penny @ May 19 2008, 03:03 PM) View Post
It's just a nice thing to do, to show that the Isle of Man are proud of her - why is everybody taking it so seriously!

I think it's funny. My oldest son wants to go to Drama School. He acts, sings and dances {he is 13}. He has been at a part time School since he was 6. He was born in Aberdeen. {All 4 of my kids have been born in different countries}. If he entered a TV competition in years to come would they rename Aberdeen Harrison Deen. I don't think so. Since we now live in London would they rename London?  I think it's hilarious. If this is the most important thing that's happened in the Isle of Man ever it must be a real boring slow place to live.

#15 Guest_Penny_*

Guest_Penny_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 19 2008, 09:31 PM) View Post
I think it's funny. My oldest son wants to go to Drama School. He acts, sings and dances {he is 13}. He has been at a part time School since he was 6. He was born in Aberdeen. {All 4 of my kids have been born in different countries}. If he entered a TV competition in years to come would they rename Aberdeen Harrison Deen. I don't think so. Since we now live in London would they rename London?  I think it's hilarious. If this is the most important thing that's happened in the Isle of Man ever it must be a real boring slow place to live.

Who said anything about it being the most important thing that's happened in the IOM?!  It might be a bit boring and slow for a Londoner, but having lived in both I know where I'd rather live!  It's an island 13 by 30 miles and for those of us that are interested in music and/or the theatre, it's great to see someone from (essentially) our Home Town, doing so well.  The Isle of Sam thing is all done in a very light-hearted way - not to be taken seriously at all.

#16 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(Penny @ May 20 2008, 11:18 AM) View Post
Who said anything about it being the most important thing that's happened in the IOM?!  It might be a bit boring and slow for a Londoner, but having lived in both I know where I'd rather live!  It's an island 13 by 30 miles and for those of us that are interested in music and/or the theatre, it's great to see someone from (essentially) our Home Town, doing so well.  The Isle of Sam thing is all done in a very light-hearted way - not to be taken seriously at all.

Sorry, but I still think it's weird and very amusing. My reply was intended to be humorous too. As for living in different places--I have lived in several different countries and I love London as it's so alive and full of variety and different people--we have chosen to live here and it's great.

#17 Guest_Jennell_*

Guest_Jennell_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(Penny @ May 20 2008, 11:18 AM) View Post

Just a little addition--if it's all so lighthearted why did you write the above? It doesn't seem like a very lighthearted reply to me----you write as if I somehow hurt your feelings and if I did I am sorry but I still think it's seriously weird.

#18 Guest_Penny_*

Guest_Penny_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Jennell @ May 20 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post
Just a little addition--if it's all so lighthearted why did you write the above? It doesn't seem like a very lighthearted reply to me----you write as if I somehow hurt your feelings and if I did I am sorry but I still think it's seriously weird.

Not at all hurt or offended!  Just trying to clarify the situation and show that there's nothing 'wierd' about it. No need to apologise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users