josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Trigger @ May 5 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post
I still can't understand how The Woodentops are still there - Niamh and Ashley.

Sam should join them to make a Woodentop trio, surely?
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#12 theatre*fairy

theatre*fairy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Niamh - Very good,but sooooooo toatlly wrong for the part of Nancy, she looks TO young

Jessie - Like her, but not my fave as i get bored easily with her performance

Rachel - very good, but dont understand why she was saved when she made a major c**k up in the middle of her song with notes etc....if youve paid 60 for a ticket to see oliver you dont want a dodgy performance.

Jodie - LOVE LOVE LOVE HER. The only one out of them that i feel has the ability to hold an audience in the palm of her hand and keep them ingrosed for a whole show.

Sam - Good but not my fave

Ashley - Liked her in the 1st few weeks but  her performances are getting weaker

Sarah- DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE WAS GOT RID OF...IS ANDREW STUPID,Last week he wanted to keep Keisha, who in my opioin was very weak for the role, yet he willing gets rid of possibly the best performer....IS HE INSANE!!!!
Tommy: OK, very important. There are two types of women, type A and type B. You listenin'?
Frankie:  Yeah.
Tommy:OK, type A. They're real easy. Jump right into bed witcha. Then later on, they bust your balls. Type B. First, they play hard to get. Then later on, they bust your balls.
Frankie: I don't get it.
Tommy:Don't worry, you will.

#13 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

I just watched the sing off, and I feel really pissed off. It's absolutely pathetic that Niamh, Ashley, Jessie and Samantha are still there. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

He used to call me Blue Roses.

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

The problem is that they don't have one person left who could really BE Nancy!

Jessie - not enough control of emotions; can't move; and don't get me started on the accent.

Sam - good, but need's to go and train; am I the only one who thinks that she smiles when she sings even when she's supposed to be upset?!

Niamh - not bad, got the fragility, but doesn't have the 'balls'.

Rachel - overacts, why was more not said about her completely breaking on that note, when they've more of a big deal about others in the past for being a little bit shaky.  And she's had pitching problems in the past too.

Ashley - only song she was any good in was Winner Takes it All.  Vocally not strong enough, strong actor during acting challenge but not through song.  Hate her attitude now, It's a company woman.

Jodie - good, but Nancy.  She's got the 'balls', but looks like she'd knock Sykes back when he hits her!  Also, taking it on casting, she's too big to be Nancy.  They were starving.

So basically the whole thing has become a money making farce and the role is most likely to be a disaster!

Thinking back on everyone, I think two who would have been better and I would've liked to have seen go further are Francesca and Cleo.

#15 Trigger

Trigger

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(josh @ May 5 2008, 11:35 AM) View Post
Sam should join them to make a Woodentop trio, surely?

There's a whole family of them - six or was it seven of them.

#16 Guest_Trouble ahead?_*

Guest_Trouble ahead?_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Trigger @ May 5 2008, 12:18 PM) View Post
There's a whole family of them - six or was it seven of them.

I was scared to mention this before but as someone else has eluded to it. Doesnt Jodie need to lose a lot of weight to be considered for this role? I always imagined Nancy to be a bit scrawny. These contestants are actually far weaker than the male contestants who went for Joseph last year. Niamh is best performer but surely not suited to the part whereas the others are below par.

#17 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

you see nancy skinny??
i've always thought of her as buxom.
whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#18 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(Haz @ May 5 2008, 05:21 PM) View Post
you see nancy skinny??
i've always thought of her as buxom.

Not entirely opposite concepts...think, Dolly Parton.  

[Heh.  Just thinking of Dolly Parton as Nancy.]
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

not talking about breasts, they can be huge if mother nature gifts, but yeah I see her skinny or at least slim, because they were starving, rarely getting a proper meal.  No-one except like the beadle and upperclass in those days, would have been on the bigger side.

#20 Guest_smudgekin_*

Guest_smudgekin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 7 2008, 11:25 AM) View Post
not talking about breasts, they can be huge if mother nature gifts, but yeah I see her skinny or at least slim, because they were starving, rarely getting a proper meal.  No-one except like the beadle and upperclass in those days, would have been on the bigger side.

Is Jodie that much bigger than Sally Dexter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users