Week 6 Results Show

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_rammy_*

Guest_rammy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(atagirl123 @ May 6 2008, 07:45 AM) View Post
Blimy what a snooty bunch some of you are. angry.gif  Talking about 'comedy accents' and the 'great unwashed'- it's the public that keep theatre going in this country- without the stupid 'great unwashed' and their untrained non-RP voices it would just be a bunch of arrogant luvvies playing to empty houses.
Leading roles have always been given to the most popular bums on seats type people- regardless of talent- it is them that get the punters in and make the show possible- providing other performers with jobs. About time we got used to it.

Very well said atagirl! quite a few on here do seem very much "up themselves" dont they!!!

Go go jessie RA RA RA  laugh.gif

#62 Guest_Jeanne_*

Guest_Jeanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Yes - Atta girl Atagirl!!!

I think Jessie is one of the strongest candidates; she lights up the stage and has an electric smile.  I also thought Sarah was up there with the best, and was surprised to see her in the bottom 2.  But those who watch Strictly Come Dancing know how the voting goes...

My favourite is Jodie; like Jessie and Sarah she is big bold and bubbly, but also old enough and tough enough to bring out the suffering in Nancy.

I really don't think Rachel is good for the part; she is too hard.  It would not be fun watching her in the role; it would be a rather grim show.  As for her singing, she just shouts.

Anyone think it was unfair to give only Samantha the latino dance moves?  Of course her performance was the most interesting to watch because she danced AND sung.

Jeanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users