- - - - -

Jesse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Steph_*_*

Guest_Guest_Steph_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

What does she have that I'm missing?  For me she's no more than average at best.  Her singing voice is weak and she sings off key very often.  And don't get me started on her Cockney accent, she sounded more Scandinavian than Cockney.

Am I missing something here?  They all seem to like her but I can't understand why.  She seems nice, but is that enough to give her the part?

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

Don't worry Steph - there are plenty of us 'missing it'!!  I think she is an interesting amateur - turned down by drama schools for a good reason, sings out of side of mouth, now appearing pretty cocky - toooooooo many compliments!

#3 Guest_Guest_Grant_*_*

Guest_Guest_Grant_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

I find her cocky and annoying too.  Her voice is the weakest of all the girls left but she will probably be in the final, they seem to adre her for some strange reason.

#4 Guest_Guest_theatre fan_*_*

Guest_Guest_theatre fan_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

I am so glad I am not the only one out there who actually thinks Jessie is quite ordinary.  Yes she has got a good voice for someone so young but like someone said in another comment she is struggling with the accent and also the acting.  I feel the way ALW and the panel are though I am sure she will make the final as she can't seem to do any wrong in their eyes - but then again they wont be the ones paying 60 plus to watch her!!!

#5 MaisieM

MaisieM

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

I'm afraid that I too am unable to see what's getting the panel so excited.  Her voice is Ok (especially for her age) but her acting!  No way on earth could she sustain a cockney accent and that was made so clear in the scene with the girls in the real Queen Vic.  I thought Barbara Windsor was being very diplomatic when she said that Jessie panicked over the accent.  her posture and dancing are really below the standard required and the singing out of the side of the mouth thing - please just stop!

She needs to college for three years and then try again.  I think her true home will be in clubs and cruis ships belting out big torch songs, not playing leads on the West End.  It's worth remembering that there is always a reason why people do not get acepted to drama schools.
"I just want to have fun while I'm young.  After all, I am only 17"

#6 Guest_Guest_tom_*_*

Guest_Guest_tom_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

What i find worrying is that people who know what they are talking about can see how average she is, yet the great unwashed will vote for her cos of her Oirish-ness.....im worried......

#7 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

The thing that baffled me last night, was that her acting is, and was, blatantly terrible in the task, and yet DVO and the Panel singled her out as being the best at it?!

She's not a good actress and she's a fairly weak singer as well! I can honestly see why drama schools didn't accept her, they said Sam had nothing behind the eyes, neither does Jessie!

I'm sure she's a lovely person.

I hated how ALW said "I'm not going to single ANYONE out but, Jessie (is my love slave)."

urgh.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#8 Guest_nice 2B nice_*

Guest_nice 2B nice_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Guest_tom_* @ May 5 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
What i find worrying is that people who know what they are talking about can see how average she is, yet the great unwashed will vote for her cos of her Oirish-ness.....im worried......

So, are ALW and the panel part of the great unwashed in your "expert opinion"!!!!!  blink.gif

#9 Guest_Nadia_*

Guest_Nadia_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

She's certainly the worst of the girls left in the competition.  If there's justice in the world Jesse and Ashley should be the next one to go.

#10 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Jessie will win

I can see no other result

and it makes me very sad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users