Jesse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#181 Guest_Jimmy_*

Guest_Jimmy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ Jun 2 2008, 06:48 PM) View Post
I agree totally and Jimmy, I am astounded that you can be so rude to Thatguyp.  If I'm honest I think your post is far ruder than his.  HIs comments are constructive, honest and polite while yours are honest, childish and rude!

You only think this because you agree with what he says. You are not being constructive or intelligent and anyway --sometimes I was JOKING----you know HUMOR--- get over yourself--- You folk on here amaze me--you are literally living in a different world to me--the Public has spoken--long live the public----etc etc

#182 messtaken

messtaken

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

Jessie lost and it was just right she didn't have the talent to win she pulled out an occasional good performance but hands down Jodie performed better through out the whole series. We're talking about JB's so called unprofessionalism what about Cameron Macs??? He made an absolute show of himself on Saturday night by the way he behaved, Jessie is not a performer her accent is awful, she's stiff and jerky she can't move with any grace around the stage she's shouts all the time she can't dance and this is the person that Cameron Mac wanted to win??? I had a great deal of respect for the man at one time but now it's gone out the window.

The best woman won Jodie IMO!

#183 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Jun 3 2008, 09:29 AM) View Post
You only think this because you agree with what he says. You are not being constructive or intelligent and anyway --sometimes I was JOKING----you know HUMOR--- get over yourself--- You folk on here amaze me--you are literally living in a different world to me--the Public has spoken--long live the public----etc etc

Firstly, I do not only think this because I agree with him, this is the first time I have needed to say something like this and I agree with lots of other posters. I am not that shallow, I just don't like rudeness and disrespect.

Secondly, how do you see that I 'am not being constructive or intelligent'? I am by no means stupid, I consdier myself to be reasonably intelligent but obviously you know better so I bow down to your knowledge!

Thirdly I am well aware of what 'humour' is and I can spell and I don't feel I have any need to 'get over myself'

And Lastly if I am 'literally living in a different world to you' I am glad.

Please do not get so personal and abusive, it is not necessary. All you have done is prove my points.

#184 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(messtaken @ Jun 3 2008, 09:24 AM) View Post
Jessie lost and it was just right she didn't have the talent to win she pulled out an occasional good performance but hands down Jodie performed better through out the whole series. We're talking about JB's so called unprofessionalism what about Cameron Macs??? He made an absolute show of himself on Saturday night by the way he behaved, Jessie is not a performer her accent is awful, she's stiff and jerky she can't move with any grace around the stage she's shouts all the time she can't dance and this is the person that Cameron Mac wanted to win??? I had a great deal of respect for the man at one time but now it's gone out the window.

The best woman won Jodie IMO!

Yes, Jodie won this competition.  However, the people with the money and power backed Jessie and seemed to also prefer Samantha and Rachel.  I wonder who will be the real winners in the end.

#185 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Jun 3 2008, 09:29 AM) View Post

So, what you're saying, Jimmy, is that a person can only be classed as 'constructive or intelligent' if they agree with you?? laugh.gif

By way of my final thoughts on this competition, I'd just like to set the record straight. I have not, at any stage, insulted any of the other performers in an attempt to promote Jessie, (as JB did to Jessie in his attempt to promote Sam). I have at no time suggested that Jessie should be the winner...indeed, I have consistently claimed that I felt she needed more training and character development. I personally believe that Rachel was the best Nancy in the series, and despite feeling that Jessie gave clearly the strongest performance in the final, I was more than happy to see Jodie winning. I stand by my belief that JB and DVO were considerably more vindictive towards Jessie than any other performer.
I signed on to this forum because I was appalled by the destructive criticism and attitudes of many contributors, and to point out that perhaps people should be more aware of the vulnerability of the contestants they were berating. It doesn't surprise me one iota that those same caustic posters have responded by attacking Jessie supporters just as visciously as they attacked her! What Jimmy or anyone else thinks of me, is irrelevant. I know my business, and I know that I respect everyone with whom I deal during the execution of that business. All of life should be about respect for others, but sadly, there are so many within the 'theatre' business who seem to think it's 'the way' to be bitchy, catty and insulting! I think it's sad....so you'll no doubt be delighted to know that i'll be exiting the forum, and seeking more pleasant recreation! rolleyes.gif

#186 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ Jun 3 2008, 12:36 PM) View Post
So, what you're saying, Jimmy, is that a person can only be classed as 'constructive or intelligent' if they agree with you?? laugh.gif

By way of my final thoughts on this competition, I'd just like to set the record straight. I have not, at any stage, insulted any of the other performers in an attempt to promote Jessie, (as JB did to Jessie in his attempt to promote Sam). I have at no time suggested that Jessie should be the winner...indeed, I have consistently claimed that I felt she needed more training and character development. I personally believe that Rachel was the best Nancy in the series, and despite feeling that Jessie gave clearly the strongest performance in the final, I was more than happy to see Jodie winning. I stand by my belief that JB and DVO were considerably more vindictive towards Jessie than any other performer.
I signed on to this forum because I was appalled by the destructive criticism and attitudes of many contributors, and to point out that perhaps people should be more aware of the vulnerability of the contestants they were berating. It doesn't surprise me one iota that those same caustic posters have responded by attacking Jessie supporters just as visciously as they attacked her! What Jimmy or anyone else thinks of me, is irrelevant. I know my business, and I know that I respect everyone with whom I deal during the execution of that business. All of life should be about respect for others, but sadly, there are so many within the 'theatre' business who seem to think it's 'the way' to be bitchy, catty and insulting! I think it's sad....so you'll no doubt be delighted to know that i'll be exiting the forum, and seeking more pleasant recreation! rolleyes.gif

Well said!

Personally, reading some of the comments on here I think some of the 'Anyone but Jessie' posters disliked her because she was favoured by ALW and CM.  Perhaps those in the profession (including DVO) disliked her because they felt threatened by her.  Some of the posters on here certainly sounded jealous, but then its that sort of business.

Jessie was never my favourite either, I thought the part should have gone to Rachel, but I'm sure Jodie will make a good Nancy.  I did, however, think that Jessie had a certain special quality which with the right training could make her a big star.

#187 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ Jun 3 2008, 12:21 PM) View Post
Firstly, I do not only think this because I agree with him, this is the first time I have needed to say something like this and I agree with lots of other posters. I am not that shallow, I just don't like rudeness and disrespect.

Secondly, how do you see that I 'am not being constructive or intelligent'? I am by no means stupid, I consdier myself to be reasonably intelligent but obviously you know better so I bow down to your knowledge!

Thirdly I am well aware of what 'humour' is and I can spell and I don't feel I have any need to 'get over myself'

And Lastly if I am 'literally living in a different world to you' I am glad.

Please do not get so personal and abusive, it is not necessary. All you have done is prove my points.

You are getting personal now so that proves the point made by Jimmy--oh forgot---you are perfect--bow scrape---

#188 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 3 2008, 12:57 PM) View Post
Well said!

Personally, reading some of the comments on here I think some of the 'Anyone but Jessie' posters disliked her because she was favoured by ALW and CM.  Perhaps those in the profession (including DVO) disliked her because they felt threatened by her.  Some of the posters on here certainly sounded jealous, but then its that sort of business.

Jessie was never my favourite either, I thought the part should have gone to Rachel, but I'm sure Jodie will make a good Nancy.  I did, however, think that Jessie had a certain special quality which with the right training could make her a big star.

This forum has descended into absolute crap----Jessie is useless JB and DVO are great---

#189 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 4 2008, 12:50 PM) View Post
JB and DVO are great---

At what??

#190 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

This thread is going nowhere, and there's been quite enough nastiness for now. The thread will now be locked.
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users