#31 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 14 2008, 06:49 PM) View Post
Sorry but I find your last comment about the elderly and infirm ignorant, disrespectful and thoughtless and that is all I am going to say!

I am sure rona910 was not being serious when she made this comment. I am sure she was just trying to be funny.

#32 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

I apologise if you were offended by my comment - it was only said in a comical way, and not meant to be taken literally.

#33 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

Jessie is quite dreadful - her leprachaunesque accent drives me insane ( & I am Irish) Jodie is the one that interests me & has done since the first programme. She has quietly got through to each next round & although she is on the large side she has the look & voice for Nancy. Don't be surprised if she comes through in the end.

#34 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ May 14 2008, 06:56 PM) View Post
I am sure rona910 was not being serious when she made this comment. I am sure she was just trying to be funny.

She should have tried harder!

#35 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 14 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post

I agree tongue.gif

#36 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

so do I now... mellow.gif

#37 Guest_Cosmo_*

Guest_Cosmo_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

Here's a thought - if you were Cameron Mackintosh, surely you wouldn't really want one of the Irish girls to win.  If this is a show about who will pull in the largest crowds, don't you want the winner to be someone whose voters will actually come to see her in the West End?  Which must be harder if she's from Ireland than from, say, Blackpool...
[/quote]

That has to be one of the most stupid things i've ever read.....We can't vote from Ireland.....NO ONE from Jessies home town can vote....no one from Southern Ireland can vote....so it would appear that Jessie (at least) is being kept in because people in the UK like her, and therefore will travel to see her.....No only that but if she does win, there will be planeloads from Ireland travelling too.  And I can see why....Take it from someone who has seen her perform....she is a very special talent....even if she doesn't win, this is only the start for her.

#38 Haz

Haz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(guest @ May 8 2008, 02:53 PM) View Post
1. Jessie is too young and inexperienced to play Nancy 8 shows a week in the West End, especially vocally. Her voice may well not be able to handle it, that would be my main worry. When was the last time you heard of a lead in the West End at age 18 (apart from Amy Nuttall in Phantom)??

Emma Williams did Chitty at, I believe, age 17.

whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should

http://curtain-up.blogspot.com/

#39 Guest_Guest_sally_*_*

Guest_Guest_sally_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(allthatjazz @ May 14 2008, 06:01 PM) View Post

Oh dear!! When did everyone get so serious? Surely everything said on this board needs to be taken with a huge bucket of salt?

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Haz @ May 15 2008, 08:59 AM) View Post
Emma Williams did Chitty at, I believe, age 17.

Yes but Truly is not a vocally challenging part, on the same scale as Liesl in SOM really. I meant something vocally demanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users