• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#41 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

[quote name='Guest_sally_*' date='May 15 2008, 10:30 AM' post='34279']
Oh dear!! When did everyone get so serious? Surely everything said on this board needs to be taken with a huge bucket of salt?
[/quote

If you read the posts back surely you can see when everyone got so serious! wink.gif .  It happened around the time that someone said something insensitive and disrespectful.  You may see it as an over reaction but that's up to you, it is all finished with now, only you have added to it!!!

#42 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(guest @ May 8 2008, 02:53 PM) View Post
1. Jessie is too young and inexperienced to play Nancy 8 shows a week in the West End, especially vocally. Her voice may well not be able to handle it, that would be my main worry. When was the last time you heard of a lead in the West End at age 18 (apart from Amy Nuttall in Phantom)??

Alexandra Jay was playing Eliza Doolittle not long after her eighteenth birthday. She wasn't performing that role eight times a week, but she was doing eight shows a week.

But then it's not age that matters. It's experience.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#43 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

and maturity

You can have a very young 25 year old and a very mature 17 year old

and vice versa

From what we have been shown, Jessie doesn't seem to have a lot of emotional maturity and that is a big problem for me in seeing her in the role

#44 Guest_Rich_*

Guest_Rich_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Jessie reminds me of a spoilt brat like the girl in UNCLE BUCK

#45 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Rubbish!! what rubbish

#46 Thatguyp

Thatguyp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Guest_Peter_* @ May 6 2008, 03:40 PM) View Post
There's no way she can play Nancy with that awful cockney accent. Her acting is also terrible and her singing is maybe enough for the chorus but not for a leading part, she can hold a note but sings flat for most of the time.

With the greatest respect, Peter, if you believe that Jesse sings flat most of the time... you, sir, are tone deaf!!!! She has been note perfect in every performance, which is certainly NOT the case with many of the other performers! Her performance of the 'Christine Agriculture' song was sub-standard because the obnoxious programme format dictated that she should sing a sub-standard and totally inappropriate song!!! angry.gif
I agree that she needs further training to hone her acting ability, but to suggest that her acting is terrible is nonsense. She performs her songs with sincerity, and an emotional and note perfect voice. I believe that of all the contestants, she has the most 'potential' to succeed, though not in the role of Nancy.

Several people here have suggested that she is cocky!!!! I would suggest that you are not watching the same programme as I am watching. She is full of youthful spirit and enthusiasm, but she is also blatantly insecure and vulnerable, and it is only the mind-set of cynical has-beens or begrudging wannabe's that could be so malicious about a child who is struggling to stay afloat in such a shark-infested pool.  

#47 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ May 22 2008, 11:14 AM) View Post
With the greatest respect, Peter, if you believe that Jesse sings flat most of the time... you, sir, are tone deaf!!!! She has been note perfect in every performance, which is certainly NOT the case with many of the other performers! Her performance of the 'Christine Agriculture' song was sub-standard because the obnoxious programme format dictated that she should sing a sub-standard and totally inappropriate song!!! angry.gif
I agree that she needs further training to hone her acting ability, but to suggest that her acting is terrible is nonsense. She performs her songs with sincerity, and an emotional and note perfect voice. I believe that of all the contestants, she has the most 'potential' to succeed, though not in the role of Nancy.

Several people here have suggested that she is cocky!!!! I would suggest that you are not watching the same programme as I am watching. She is full of youthful spirit and enthusiasm, but she is also blatantly insecure and vulnerable, and it is only the mind-set of cynical has-beens or begrudging wannabe's that could be so malicious about a child who is struggling to stay afloat in such a shark-infested pool.  

Bloody Hell Well done I totally 100% agree I love Jessie she has a fabulous voice &  is soo pretty. You will find that there is a very strong Anti Jesse slant to this board as well

#48 allthatjazz

allthatjazz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I have the theatre bug!! My mission in life is to visit every theatre in london, which could take a while! My current favourites are Chicago, The Lion King and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. <br /><br />I also enjoy reading and shopping.

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(Thatguyp @ May 22 2008, 11:14 AM) View Post

THANK YOU!!! ohmy.gif  I completely agree with every word laugh.gif

#49 Guest_Miranda_*

Guest_Miranda_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

I am so sick of John Barrowman having a go at Jessie every week - he is so out of line! He's quite clearly playing a game of favourites - Jessie being a threat to Samantha, who he has continually praised, despite what I can see as a growing arrogance which is unmerited considering she uses the same arm movements as Jessie is condemned for!
I love Barrowman with my entire heart but he's making me angrier every week....

#50 maymay

maymay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Miranda @ May 24 2008, 08:14 PM) View Post
I am so sick of John Barrowman having a go at Jessie every week - he is so out of line! He's quite clearly playing a game of favourites - Jessie being a threat to Samantha, who he has continually praised, despite what I can see as a growing arrogance which is unmerited considering she uses the same arm movements as Jessie is condemned for!
I love Barrowman with my entire heart but he's making me angrier every week....

YES YES YES!!! absolutley  he was way way out of line tonight......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users