- - - - -

How Is Sam Still There?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jO_*

Guest_jO_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

I dont get it. I think she lacks charisma..acting ability...and LIKEability..... and then we lose Sarah...maybe she just was too obvious in her desperating to get it and that put people off.... Sams popularity baffles me...well beyond the fact shes a pretty girl..maybe Dads vote for her...

#2 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(jO @ May 5 2008, 10:13 AM) View Post
Sams popularity baffles me...well beyond the fact shes a pretty girl.

You think there needs to be more to it than that?

Go to Google. Do a search for the phrase "beautiful and talented" (including the quotes). Take a note of the estimated number of hits. Now do the same for the phrase "talented and beautiful". Compare. Draw your own conclusions about which of the characteristics described by those two words the majority of fans consider the most important.

(For the benefit of the lazy, the results are 915000 and 125000 respectively. For many of the stupid, beautiful implies talented.)
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#3 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

The population of the Isle of Man is about 75 thousand.
That's the only logical reason I can think of as to how she has survived this long.
The other possible explanation is that the voting public is moronic. And that certainly can't be right.
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#4 themancsethcohen

themancsethcohen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Performance - Singing, Acting...maybe a bit of 'movement'<br />Also writing.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Uhm.

Cos she's good.
"I Can Do Better Than That"

#5 Guest_Humphrey Bogey_*

Guest_Humphrey Bogey_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(jO @ May 5 2008, 09:13 AM) View Post
maybe Dads vote for her...

My Dad votes for her... *rolls eyes  dry.gif

#6 Guest_lostgirl75_*

Guest_lostgirl75_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

I think she is a total waste of space......the Siobahn of the competition frankly. Looks nice but has a weak voice.....cannot understand the constant praise the Lord and panel keep showering on her when we have seen pure class like Sarah leave angry.gif

#7 Guest_Guest_sally_*_*

Guest_Guest_sally_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

Am I the only one who likes Sam?? No one can accuse her of having a weak voice and she's the best mover out of them all. She also seems like a really nice girl and she's the one sarah said she wanted to win. And that's good enough for me!!

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

Nancy is not a role that requires dance - so being a good dancer is not a pre-requisite for this role.

Being a convincing actress with a range of emotional responses is, however, vital.

Nothing we have seen of Sam has shown any acting talent.

Looking good in boots and a short skirt does not equate to being ready for Nancy.

I would cast her as Bet and let her develop that way

#9 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

I find her voice utterly colourless. It's just loud. And I'm extremely creeped out by the way the ALW looks at her and calls her Sammy.
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#10 tommo2k

tommo2k

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(josh @ May 11 2008, 12:01 PM) View Post
I find her voice utterly colourless. It's just loud. And I'm extremely creeped out by the way the ALW looks at her and calls her Sammy.

Well based on previous performances I would have agreed with you, but I thought she was one of the best last night.  Generally, they were pretty poor last night though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users