- - - - -

How Is Sam Still There?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Johnno_*

Guest_Johnno_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

I think she has some talent but it needs nurturing and she needs a bit more life experience, though, like for ALW, I think she ticks the boxes of many a red blooded male who tunes in and also think a lot of mum's will vote for her cause they wish it was their daughter up there!
She is a good looking girl with some talents and will more than likely be in the final.

#22 Penny

Penny

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Google @ May 12 2008, 05:21 PM) View Post
What - as his next wife?

She is DREADFUL, DREADFUL DREADFUL.

Well, that's ridiculous - she wouldn't be in the last 5, picked out of thousands of other hopefuls, if she were DREADFUL, DREADFUL, DREADFUL surely!

As for having 'zero personality' - do you know her?  Just because she's not gushing, pushy and over-the-top like some of the other girls, does it mean she doesn't have a personality?  

And why knock the Isle of Man for cashing in on a bit of publicity?  It's great for them to be put on the map, for something other than cats with no tails, bikes and kippers!!

#23 timbawundakin

timbawundakin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

You dont have to know someone personally to see that they simply dont have what it takes to play a specific part. Yes shes nice to look at and can sing , dance ect but that dosnt mean shes right for the part of Nancy.
Compared to some of the other girls with much 'bigger' personalities like Jodie, Ashley and Jessie I dont reckon Sam has that.
Remember, Nancy was a hardened street girl who didnt take any nonsense,
Sam dosnt strike me as having a stong enough personality to uphold that character trait. wink.gif

#24 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

We haven't seen Samantha act for more than a few seconds so far.  And from what we have been shown, I can see nothing of 'the street' about her.

She has a winning smile (as did Sarah) and that seems to inform all of her stage personality.  Nancy needs to burst onto the stage with real gusto not just a smile.

I - and many others - just don't see a Nancy in her at this stage of her development

#25 Penny

Penny

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

ALW is rumoured to have said he wants to see her in the final 2, so guess he definately sees her as Nancy and surely you must agree, he's the One Who Knows!

#26 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

if the final two are Jessie and Samantha - as I suspect he wants it to be

then I shall not book tickets until the winner has left the production

#27 Penny

Penny

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(Oxford Simon @ May 13 2008, 11:59 AM) View Post
if the final two are Jessie and Samantha - as I suspect he wants it to be

then I shall not book tickets until the winner has left the production

I feel like that about Niamh!

#28 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

But Niamh isn't going to make the final... and I think it is certain that the final 3 will comprise Jessie, Samantha and one other

Unless the public do the right thing and put them both in the bottom two at the Semi-Final....

#29 Penny

Penny

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

Do you not think Jodie might be in the final?

Incidentally, who would you like to get the part?

#30 Misplaced

Misplaced

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Penny @ May 13 2008, 12:29 PM) View Post
Do you not think Jodie might be in the final?

I think she won't be in the final if ALW has anything to say about it.  She's too big a challenge to Jessie.  (Befeore it starts: Please, no puns on "too big".)   If Jodie is in the final 3, I think she might very well win.

QUOTE(Penny @ May 13 2008, 12:29 PM) View Post
Incidentally, who would you like to get the part?

Sarah or Fran.
Oh, wait ...
"I don't trust that pirate girl."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users