- - - - -

Jessies 'mockeny' Accent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sam_9_*

Guest_sam_9_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

Her Cockney accent is DREADFUL!!! She shouldnt get through any further purely for that!

#2 Guest_Guest hattie_*

Guest_Guest hattie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

Absolutely agree!!  Why are they so obsessed with her??  How can we as a viewing public let ALW know what a sham this programme is - sing off between Rachel and Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!  At least it showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are the BEST singers in the whole thing!!!

#3 Guest_joey_*

Guest_joey_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

They said at the beginning of this farcical series that they did not want anybody who was as bad at a cockney accent as Dick Van Dyke was in Mary Poppins !! They have contradicted themselves because everybody seems to have overlooked the fact that Jessie can NOT do a cockney accent. The clip in the pub when she was acting was absolutely cringeworthy !!

#4 Virna

Virna

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

That was awful! I can't believe the people in the pub said that Jessie would be their eastend choice!

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

They probably had a free bar that night

#6 Guest_di_*

Guest_di_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

Is it not obvious that she is showing a lot more than we have so far been privy too! The way these shows work are that when they find an exceptional talent like jessie, if they were to reveal everything on wk1 then there would have no where to go by wk3 so they keep a bit back for the later shows. Trust me, she is indeed the full package.

#7 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

Why should we trust you?

All the evidence we have is that she cannot - I repeat - CANNOT do the accent

Why show her failing time after time?  In fact her attempts are getting worse with each passing week.

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

Do you think she was putting on the terrible cockney accent then so she can pull her authentic eastenders one out of the bag for the final?

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

Well if thats the case she's very stupid...could go against her next week. In fact, it should go against her because it was damn right awful.........

#10 Guest_Guest_David_*_*

Guest_Guest_David_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Jessie knew and still knows that she cant do a cockney accent, she told me herself!
But there was time to work on it and other weaknesses before Oliver opened!
You people take this forum way too seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users