- - - - -

The Artful Dodger.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_James_*_*

Guest_Guest_James_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

Does anyone know if the part of the Artful Dodger has already been cast? Or will one of the runner-up's for Oliver play him?

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Dodger will have to be played by one lad, an older lad probably about 16 (I think), but if i remember rightly from the last production, it will be only one boy.  But they're going to need him to be older to so he can lead Oliver along.

#3 Guest_smudgekin_*

Guest_smudgekin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 7 2008, 11:45 AM) View Post
Dodger will have to be played by one lad, an older lad probably about 16 (I think), but if i remember rightly from the last production, it will be only one boy.  But they're going to need him to be older to so he can lead Oliver along.

I've heard they are casting 3 child Dodgers under 5 foot when IDA is over.  In the novel Dodger is the same size as Oliver and in the Sam Mendes production the Dodgers were small.

#4 Oxford Simon

Oxford Simon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare, Sondheim, Bernstein, Blitzstein and on and on and on and on....<br />

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Dodger is written for the unbroken voice

#5 Guest_Guest_James_*_*

Guest_Guest_James_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

((This is the OP))
Can anyone tell me where I can find out about this, or who I should contact? Or even provide a link or email address etc?

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

(2nd post) sorry for the lack of knowledge!  Just going on one production i saw!  Sorry!

#7 Guest_smudgekin_*

Guest_smudgekin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 8 2008, 07:36 PM) View Post
(2nd post) sorry for the lack of knowledge!  Just going on one production i saw!  Sorry!

The website below should be useful:

http://www.notapushymum.com/phpbb/viewforu...bbe666cb0caaab3

#8 ewilliams17

ewilliams17

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

I don't think one of the Oliver boys will get the part of Dodger but I think that both Harry and Jordan would both easily suit the part (particulary Harry who I think is very good)

#9 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

I posted this somewhere else, but I got this in an email:
Oliver! Open auditions in London on 14th June.
Open auditions are being held for young boys for the role of The Artful Dodger plus Fagin's Gang and Workhouse Boys.
Auditions are being held for the role of The Artful Dodger (playing age 12 to 14) as well as Fagin's Gang and Workhouse Boys (playing age 8 to 14). You should have strong singing, dancing and acting skills and need to be under 5 feet tall. Voices must be unbroken. No fixed braces.
Open auditions in London on 14th June 2008 and you would need to be available from October 2008 to April 2009 (production opens December 2008).
Age Range
8 to 14
Payment Type
Not stated

#10 giggleqween

giggleqween

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

most of the livers will be in the actual show but they are still mainly looking for dodger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users