4 replies to this topic

#1 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

i booked for Shrek thinking that I was seening la Holden, as initially she was due to be off this coming week. Having been underwhelmed by her in Thoroughly Modern Millie, I wasnt disappointed to find that I was not going to be seeing her

Alice Fearns was great as Fiona - considering the show is still in preview (I know that she knew that she was going on for these dates before the show even previewed, but still), and she gave a very confident leading lady performance, which I am sure will get many an outing - she was great - her voice was fab, and I think she knocks spots off Sutton Foster who originated the role state side

It was interesting to see that they had really watered down the choreography of the tap number in the second act with the mice - clearly to enable the non dancing la Holden to cope!

Alice will sure have a great future ahead of her, and I urge people to book to see the show when an actress who can sing, dance and act is performing!

#2 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

Isn't it Alice Fearn rather than Fearns?

Also - whilst positive reviews of her is obviously a good thing, I personally don't set much by the idea of comparing to someone who you haven't seen but clearly dislike the idea of seeing. The tap dancing was re-added into the production a couple of weeks ago (don't think it had featured before then in the West End) and Amanda certainly could do the routine that was given so I don't think it is fair to refer to her as "the non dancing la Holden".

I'll stop now before I go deeper down this line.. I've not seen Alice in the role yet so can't comment on her :)

#3 Millie Dillmount

Millie Dillmount

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

well i can comment on her ability to knock dead throughly modern millie!

it will get to the point that it did with that, that people are going specifically when alice is on, like they did with donna steele in millie

#4 Suzy233

Suzy233

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Theatre :)

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Alice Fearn is an Amazing Princess Fiona!!! She is on this week I believe right up until the 22nd?! definiately go if you get the chance, She's the Best Fiona I've seen. :D

#5 harveyjnr

harveyjnr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

agreed. alice fearne was mesmorizing as fiona. she stands out in her normal ensameble track anyways, but i always book to see this show now whenever she is on.hands down the best fiona so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users