- - - - -

Underneath The Arches ...CD ...Show memories ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 SideShow Phil

SideShow Phil

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone have the any memories of having performed or seeing this show  at Chichester or West End or elsewhere? HELP !

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/nsudsii/2/28...290/1551/2.html

Amazing what you can find though google isn't it!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:22 AM

It's available on www.amazon.co.uk too!

#4 Steve Fortune

Steve Fortune

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(SideShow Phil @ Feb 27 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post
Does anyone have the any memories of having performed or seeing this show  at Chichester or West End or elsewhere? HELP !

Underneath the Arches was my first west end show and it was a magical experience and one of the highlights of my career. The cast comprised of Roy Hudd, Christopher Timothy, Don Smoothey, Peter Glaze, Billy Grey (brother of Monsieur Eddie Grey) Jo Black and Tommy Godfrey. The late Chesney Allen actually appeared on stage on several occasions including one performance in front of the Queen Mother. Even at the age of 80+ his sense of comic timing was superb. The show ran for 15 months with Leslie Crowther and Bernie Winters taking over the roles of Bud and Ches for the last 4 months. I had the privilege of understudying the part of Chesney and played it on a few occasions. I was delighted to see that the show is now available on CD because I currently have it on vinyl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users