#11 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Tintin @ Feb 28 2007, 07:09 AM) View Post
The Royal Opera House does a tour, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's the best. Even if you dont like opera or ballet. They have amazing facilities in a fabulous building.
GO GO GO

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#12 canmark

canmark

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

I had forgotten I had started this thread. I ended up doing the National Theatre tour (very good), but didn't have time for any of the others. Will consider the Royal Opera House and Royal Albert Hall tours on my next trip to London, in addition the the other theatre tours available.

Royal Opera House tour

Royal Albert Hall tour

Prince Edward and Prince of Wales tours

other theatre tours

#13 ianianian

ianianian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:20 AM

I was lucky enough to be shown the Opera House backstage facilities by the technical manager himself when I did a job there. That place and it's fully motorised stage is just incredible, every theatre and opera house in the world must envy their facilities. I am not sure how much they show you on the public tour as the place is vast, but that would probably be the best place to see if you only have time for one.

The Drury Lane tour is probably good (when it restarts), as well as the large stage they have a massive scenery paint frame out the back that's well worth a look, although again I'm not sure if it's on the public tour as that was another place I got a private tour of. The National has a paint frame too but I didn't find theirs as impressive to look at as the older Drury Lane one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users