#11 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(jimee1987 @ May 11 2008, 08:12 PM) View Post
She sang that amazingly well, i'm very impressed.
Much better then Niamh in the sing off but we all know how little that actually matters.

It's their last chance to impress ALW, not the deciding factor. Ashley delivered the goods but it was too little too late. If she'd done that well all the way through she'd still be in the competition.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#12 Jessie

Jessie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

I don't like either of them, so I'm happy biggrin.gif

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

ohmy.gif I knew that Ashley would make a fantastic Nancy and voted for her and her final As Long As He Needs Me performance proved just that-the best of the series by a mile! And much, much better than Sarah last week-how irritating that the Lord didn't send Niamh home, who is a brilliant singer, but not right for Nancy-grrrr....  How did Rachel and Jessie get through on the strength of their performances-they were terrible!

#14 Guest_Drill_*

Guest_Drill_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 11 2008, 07:31 PM) View Post
ohmy.gif I knew that Ashley would make a fantastic Nancy and voted for her and her final As Long As He Needs Me performance proved just that-the best of the series by a mile! And much, much better than Sarah last week-how irritating that the Lord didn't send Niamh home, who is a brilliant singer, but not right for Nancy-grrrr....  How did Rachel and Jessie get through on the strength of their performances-they were terrible!

Niamh is usually a brilliant singer but seemed to get it wrong tonight on both her songs although I thought she acted well with the Olivers. Sadly for her I think she'll go next week as AWL has marked her card and she'll probably be up against someone he likes.

#15 rona910

rona910

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 11 2008, 08:31 PM) View Post
How did Rachel and Jessie get through on the strength of their performances-they were terrible!

You have no idea how much I agree with you...they've both been awful from the start, and while the others have clearly been improving, they've just stayed at the same stage, not learning from it. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd got even a tiny bit better but it's so frustrating to watch them keep making the same mistakes, they just don't deserve to be there!

Why oh why couldn't Ashley have shown us this voice sooner...if she'd sung like that the whole way through I'd have had her down as a favourite to win!

As for the dresses...I reckon it's so that no matter what colour of suit Graham Norton decides to wear, there's always at least one that he'll match...  huh.gif

#16 Guest_T Winey_*

Guest_T Winey_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

Bravo to Rachael Tucker for pointing out the obvious inconsistencies in the senile "critiques" of that transvestite escaped dementia patient, Barry Humphreys!

T Winey angry.gif

#17 Guest_fan_*

Guest_fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

I thought tonight really showed how good neimh is, especially the chitty number

#18 Guest_Phil Curran_*

Guest_Phil Curran_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hello, thsi is the first time I have left a comment here or on any forum for that matter, but after that travesty/charade tonight i fell compelled to do so. Ashley sang much better than niamh in the sing off. Niamh who is a beautiful  girl was nasly and screeched on all the top notes. Her timing was also very poor. Ashely's performance though not without fault was far and away superior to niamh.   What did ALW base his decision on? It couldn't have benn Niamh's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang performance with the Oliver's, during which the Oliver showed her up especially Lawrence.  Feel very let down and suspicious of IDA's format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Guest_Guestin_*

Guest_Guestin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(Phil Curran @ May 11 2008, 09:15 PM) View Post
Hello, thsi is the first time I have left a comment here or on any forum for that matter, but after that travesty/charade tonight i fell compelled to do so. Ashley sang much better than niamh in the sing off. Niamh who is a beautiful  girl was nasly and screeched on all the top notes. Her timing was also very poor. Ashely's performance though not without fault was far and away superior to niamh.   What did ALW base his decision on? It couldn't have benn Niamh's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang performance with the Oliver's, during which the Oliver showed her up especially Lawrence.  Feel very let down and suspicious of IDA's format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay let me put this to you - Who would you rather go and see Niamho or Ash? If you say Ash you must be on another planet.

#20 Guest_Phil Curran_*

Guest_Phil Curran_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(Guestin @ May 11 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post
Okay let me put this to you - Who would you rather go and see Niamho or Ash? If you say Ash you must be on another planet.

In 'Oliver' Ashley, I might go to see niamh in something else whan she is older

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users